My Yoga ao has two hovers that do not work. How can I fix it?

dead Rain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Sooo I bought the yoga ao from oracul anndd it's adorable and all except TWO freaking issues. My favorite hovers do not work. Two of them to be exact. I relogged,turned on and off,resetted,reloaded. Nada,nope,nothin. YET here is the funny part they work when I go into edit click the SEPERATE animations and play worst part I JUST bought this ao less than 10 mins ago...now 15 so anyone got any good advice and yes I did ask the creator she is offline. (bad at waiting) Anyway I truely am greatful and appriciative of anyone who has the answer plus free sl hugs and hot cocoa D: who can resist the hot cocoa :c

3 answers to this question

You'll have to wait more than ten or fifteen minutes.  Merchants are real people with real lives.  They are not in SL 24 hours a day.  Read the instructions again, experiment a little, and don't be too surprised if you don't hear from the merchant for a few days.  After all, it's a weekend and it's three days before CHRISTMAS.  :smileysurprised:

• Like 1

I just bought a copy of the RP-017 Power Yoga AO off the marketplace and it does have a problem.

Two of the hover animations are missing from the HUD inventory: D4278-Hover.N and D4279-Hover.N

It takes about a day for the Oracul redelivery system to get the transaction history for  new purchases, but you (and I too, it seems!) can try going to http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kuso/230/230/251 tomorrow, and try the redelivery or update from the kiosks there. If we are lucky, that will deliver a different copy without the problem.

If that does not work, an IM to daiz papp will be the next step. English is a very foreign language for this creator, so a short message with just the facts - the name of the AO, names of the missing animations, that you would like a fixed version - would be best.

You may be able to fix it yourself.

An AO consists of four parts:  The HUD object, the script that drives the menus, the animations themselves, and a settings or configuration notecard.  If the hover animations work OK when you trigger them manually, the most likely problem is with the settings notecard.

Take off the AO.  Rez it on the ground.  Careful, the HUD is a small object, so don't lose track of it!

Right click the HUD and select Edit.  Click the Content tab of the Edit window.  Look for and open the settings notecard.

Now find the Hover section.  Make sure the names of the animations are typed absolutely correctly.  Make sure the syntax (spaces between names, separation by commas or semicolons, matching open and closed parentheses, etc.) is absolutely correct.  Compare them to another section like Walk that you know is working correctly.

If you make any changes, Save the notecard.  Then, while the HUD is still selected for editing, go to World/Scripts/Reset Scripts in Selection.

Now right click and Take the HUD back into your inventory.  Be careful not to get the edited HUD mixed up with an un-modified copy of it that was left in your inventory!

Now wear the HUD and see if your problem has been fixed.

EDIT:  I see from another answer that the problem is probably NOT the notecard, but missing animations.  If you HAVE hover animations that you like, you can ADD them to the AO.  Drag them into the Content tab of the HUD.  Edit the settings notecard to refer to the new animations.  Take the edited AO back into your inventory.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.