Issue with Secondlife.com posting Pictures!

Wallace Wirefly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is it just me or is there a problem with posting photos to secondlife.com form inworld? I have tried numerous times to upload photo to Web and continually get message that FAILED. I am using Firestorm latest beta release is there a bug here or are other people having issues? Any help appreciated. Have tried logging off.On., changing photo settings etc. Thanks

No its not just you, Wallace.

In fact if you look at the feeds, you will see a lot of people are offering links to their Flickr streams in lieu of being able to upload photos directly to the feeds. You can do this with Firestorm, and it might be an alternative for now.

Linden Lab have been working on problems for a few days. We hope it will get sorted soon, and some people do seem to have been having some success with their uploading, but others have not been so lucky.

Tried doing this:

1. Log on to Second Life.
  2. Click My Profile.
  3. Click the Subscriptions & Notifications tab.
  4. Change your settings and click Save Changes.

Did not change anything. Still getting same message. Failed! Apparently the latest roll out of server updates has done something to linking secondlife.com to the web. As profiles for flikr is nice idea but I do not have account nor page. Was nice while it lasted thanks Linden for at least trying to establish a place where people can post besides profile sorry it did not last. :matte-motes-frown:

Unfortunately this does continue to be a problem that remains unfixed.

Flickr IS a nice idea - get yourself organised with a Flickr - it is absolutely free to do (I use my Flickr like my SL diary, and even if I am not using one of the viewers that allows me to upload directly to Flickr, I can upload later, once I've either sent photos from inworld to my email inbox or saved directly to hard drive).

Never good to put all of one's eggs in one basket. 

Please don't let the lack of current ability to post to feeds to put you off posting to the feeds, and please do take the time out to read what is trending on the feeds, because there is some great inspiration there still, in spite of this (hopefully temporary) glitch in the system, and again, some great links to other people's Flickr streams.

Adumelial Rothstein wrote:

Should we fill out a report to Linden Labs on this?

No. They - Linden Lab - already know about this.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/failed-to-Upload-image-to-your-profile-feed/m-p/2393757#M12926

Monty Linden says:

"Just a note that this is getting attention under BUG-4644.  No information as to when a fix will be available."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.