how to rescind animate permissions please

AiNt Ansar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thanks to Amethyst and the link offered, I now know that permissions obtained without dialog to animate an avatar can be revoked provided specific a viewer with a feature allowing this is used, and at the right location. I don't recall saying I’m 'stuck' in an animation, though back in the day I myself fell foul of the dance-ball variety as many a noob until offered kindly advice as opposed to irrelevant personal opinion about how there are dialog pop-ups requesting permission to animate and another to rescind it, and how to go about that.

Perhaps you misunderstood the information requested then. Nonetheless I applaud the time you spent, if only to offer an opinion on an unconnected matter.

AiNt Ansar wrote:

Where permission has been given automatically for a script to animate an avatar on Sit,  how does the affected avatar rescind that permission?

Depends on how the script was written.

Usually if the animation was on "sit" the permission is rescinded on "stand."

I've never seen an object you sit on use other commands like in a hud for this or like when invited to dance on someones dance chim where often "/99 stop" is used.

Otherwise you need to use the stop animating me tools in the viewer.  No other way that I know of.

I'm not sure if this applies to what you are asking about but see my question to Maestro, message 14 in this thread.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Deploys-for-the-week-of-2013-09-16/m-p/2208893/highlight/true#M11999

AiNt Ansar wrote:

Thank you for that
Amethyst..  now if i can remember where i was when I
touched
whatever it was that did this, i'll give it a try.

[emphasis mine] Wait. "touched" ? But the original question was about the permission that's automatically granted upon sitting.

Technically, way down deep, it's the same permission being granted, but as already mentioned, standing will stop an animation that was started by a script with that special on-sit permission. It's worth noting, however, that this does not revoke the script's permission to animate that most recent sitter.

default{    changed(integer change)    {        if (CHANGED_LINK & change)        {            key maybeSitter = llGetLinkKey(llGetNumberOfPrims());            if (ZERO_VECTOR != llGetAgentSize(maybeSitter))                llRequestPermissions(maybeSitter, PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION);        }    }    run_time_permissions(integer perm)    {        if (PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION & perm)            llOwnerSay("Obtained anim permission from "+(string)llGetPermissionsKey());    }    touch_start(integer total_number)    {        if (PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION & llGetPermissions())            llOwnerSay("Still have anim permission from "+(string)llGetPermissionsKey());    }}

... and yet, either way, there's no point in fretting over where an object is that retains animation permission. That's because scripts can only ever animate avatars in the same sim as the script. Hence, if the same animation is getting pushed anew onto one's avatar regardless of what sim it's in, then that animation is coming from an attached script.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.