Gifts

TrunksDbgt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello

i recieved tons of freee skins from people who i bearly met :matte-motes-agape:

i know it might be copybotted items but they are so gorgeous

what i want to know is....... are they "noob" skins?  

when you see me will you know my skin is copybotted?

are these skins low quality and the ones that cost $L look much better?

I belive they are gorgeous, because the creators do good work. They are still stolen. No one sells skin with full permissions so people can hand out an endless stream of skins. Would you like to spend hours in photoshop, working, trying to make an income just to get your skins stolen and handed out for free?

It is so many events that sell discounted skins legally. Up to 200 l. That is cheap and I would do that and delete the skins you got.

Collabor 88

The dressing room fusion

50 l fridays

Is just a few. Read seraphimsl.com that cover most of the discount sales.

Legitimately acquired skins are never transferable unless you created it yourself or its one of the freebie templates   A lot of free skins handed from person to person are older skins too and discontinued by their creator and no longer available legitimately.  That doesn't make them legal though to pass around.

While there are a lot of people that have no clue what specific skins are currently available legitimately, there are a surprising number of people that do know.  If they see someone in an older discontinued skin and their avatar age doesn't correspond with the time period the skin was being sold by the creator, they will know that you are wearing a skin that is copycatted.

As far a skin giving you away as a newb, there are a lot more things that are going to do that than just your skin.  Keep in mind though that even the oldest of us were newbs at one time too. There is nothing wrong with being a newb.  If people tell you different then they are not people you want to get to know or hang with anyway. 

Pitch them and look for your own. Another way to find free, or near free skins that are legit is by doing in world hunts. I has looking at one earlier that had both a male and female skin pack available. If you'd like some help and are on itn the Sl eveing. I'd be more then happy to help you out. Amethyst is right. There is nothing wrong wth being a newbie, some people just like being jerks and they aren't worth your time anyhow.

Yeah I've never even heard of freebie skins that were fullperms. Skin makers don't do that - when they give out freebies they make them copy, and hope people tell others where to go to get it, so that folks might become future customers.

There are a few things you should never get free:

- your avatar skin

- your avatar's AO animations

- your avatar's hair

Free stuff for these is almost aways either way under quality, too common, or stolen.

Dropping about $10 US money into SL will go a LONG way as a newbie if you shop smart for these three things.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Yeah I've never even heard of freebie skins that were fullperms. Skin makers don't do that - when they give out freebies they make them copy, and hope people tell others where to go to get it, so that folks might become future customers.

There are a few things you should never get free:

- your avatar skin

- your avatar's AO animations

- your avatar's hair

Free stuff for these is almost aways either way under quality, too common, or stolen.

Dropping about $10 US money into SL will go a LONG way as a newbie if you shop smart for these three things.

And shoes ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.