Listing items for less than 10L

LaneGrey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3969 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm new to MP and have searched a bit, in vain, for the answer to this. When I try to list an item as 0L or 1L, I get a message stating that direct delivery items must be at least 10L. What setting or option do I need to change so I can offer items for less than 10L? Thank you!

Pamela Galli wrote:

Let me guess: LL made some change that affects merchants and forgot to mention it.

I remember when LL first took over Xstreet there was some talk of doing away with freebies and dollarbies and a minimum sale price of $10L..  I wonder if they are trying to implement this now. If true,I also wonder about how this will effect demos.  Will they have a way of linking them to the full version product or will we have to charge $10L for them too.

It sounds to me like you're trying to use a Magic Box to list a limited quantity item and not using Direct Delivery at all.

From the migration guide:-

Migration Dates

April 2, 2013:

• Merchants will no longer be able to list unlimited-quantity items for L$10 or less using Magic Boxes.

Edit: That HAS to be what you're doing because i've just taken a 5 day old avatar and created a shop with it and listed this

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/New-Note/5518102

That is the exact message I get when trying to list anything for less than 10L. I've never had a magic box. I drag the boxed item to Merchant Outbox, send it to my store, and then create a new listing from the Unassociated Items section. I was wondering if the delivery options might have something to do with it (need land to unpack, none, etc) but since that wasn't brought up, I guess it's not. I'll give customer support a call today and post their answer here if they have one.

LaneGrey wrote:

That is the exact message I get when trying to list anything for less than 10L. I've never had a magic box.

In which case i'm baffled.  The only thing I had was maybe it was because the rest of us had existing stores and not new ones but that was just blown away with my new avatar/shop.

Kelley Wonder wrote:

This is the message I get when trying to list at 0L....

"There were problems with the following fields:
  • Master base Distributions require a price of at least L$10"

I have tried listing at 1L also, and I get that same message.

You provided the answer in your quote.

Remove the distribution from the listing.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, you're splitting profit with someone and the amount you'd be getting is less than $10l. The MP doesn't support this. I also wouldn't bother with support, because they'll give you the exact same explanation and expect you can understand their scripted yet non-descriptive jargon. Their message causes people to assume as long as the item itself is priced over $10l, it will work. That's nto the case for distributions. At least, it wasn't earlier this week anyway.

I only know, because I just helped someone earlier this week with the exact same problem, and it took us forever and some non-helpful help from support, to figure it out.

If you're NOT adding a profit distribution...then I have no clue. But that was the exact message we both got(and neither of us is new to mp or sl, lol)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3969 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.