Need help with a child avatar

KiriaRayne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking to make a child avatar and I've been exploring the past couple of days looking around and collecting free shapes and clothes. However whenever I attempt to wear the clothes they come out looking all funny. The tops don't fit nor do the pants shoes either, I've tried changing my graphics, zooming in, zooming out but nothing seems to be working. I've tried the baby and tot as well as just plain old clothes and nothing seems to fit her. At the moment I'm just using the Saria shape by Babydoll, it was free and I don't plan on putting any money into this. I've tried editing that as much as i can and then trying the clothes on but I got the same results. Could anyone help me in telling me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

I'm not familiar with any of the items or creators in your post. SL is a big place. I can guess that both 'baby' and 'tot' mean that you're using a particularly short shape.

I don't know what you mean by 'they don't fit' - it could be that, if you're using rigged mesh, they'll be far too large for your small avatar. This is normal, you will need either specially designed mesh or clothing layers.

Note also that the Second Life shape is only poorly capable of dropping below about 5 feet in height. Tricks or well-placed attachments may be necessary to cover the breakages of the model when using clothing layers.

Mostly this just seems normal. It takes a while to build an outfit that works together, especially when your avatar is so far out from the norms.

I think the problem may be with wearing alpha layers. I can see your feet coming out of the boots which means your boot's alpha layer isn't being worn.

Avatars and mesh clothes don't fit well together so an alpha layer needs to be worn to make body parts invisible. If you wear a mesh shirt you need an alpha layer that makes your torso invisible. Shoes need an alpha layer to make feet invisible. You might need several alpha layers. One for the shirt, one for pants, one for boots. In your inventory, for each mesh clothing item you should see an alpha layer item that looks like a white shirt with gray gridmarks.

To wear several alpha layers together you need to right click on them and choose 'ADD'. Don't double click on them or choose 'WEAR' because that will remove any currently worn alpha layers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey!

Try the soken mesh clothes I'll link them here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/81249

Some of their stuff is free and because it's mesh it smoothes out the chest and all. You're not going to get a smooth body on your own, it's pretty difficult. I tend to wear a lot of mesh, and I have a mesh body for regular sized kids too... the SMB body but it does cost money and as of right now it doesn't allow tattoo layers so you'd need mesh for it anyways.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.