A resident of SL, stole my pictures and use them on your profile!!

Diyaanna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The residente "Kasmiel soap.clawtooth", stole my profile pictures of sl and use in your profile. I do not want my image being used improperly, I'm desperate, please help me denouncing.
This is his profile, and this is my photo! Please ja denounced, but the response delay. Help!

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Don't be too quick to "denounce." As you may know, there has been a problem in the web profiles for the last week, with some posts being added accidentally to the wrong people's feeds.  This might be yet another example of the same problem.  If so, it's not that person's fault that your photo ended up on his profile.

BTW, as I said in response to your earlier, identical thread on this same topic, you are violating the Community Standards by including the person's name in your post here.  Please remove the name before you get in trouble.

• Like 2

Diyaanna,

Actually, that person you have accused of using your profile pictures has a very old account and they have not updated their profile in quite a while. You can tell this by the lack of activity tabs when you examine their profile. Anytime you update your profile since sometime in 2011 causes the new Profile format to be adopted. 

This is probably related to the problems LL has had in recent months with profile feeds and account misdirection.

You might want to IM them 1st and let them know that their profile pictures have been replaced with yours. They can fix this themselves and/or will need to open a support case with Linden Lab.

** Duplicate of http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Portugu%C3%AAs/Por-favor-me-ajudem-Um-residente-roubou-minhas-fotos-da-vida/qaq-p/2324059

• Like 2

Hi Diyaanna,

As several others have explained, this is very likely a technical problem with Second Life web profiles. As with most things that go wrong in life, it's not malice, it's incompetence.

As Ms. Lane said, the user who's profile now bears your picture may rarely visit SL, and so even if you IM them, they may not respond soon, or ever. I also would not expect LL to fix this problem anytime soon, as it appears they do not know how, for it's been happening on and off almost since the inception of web profiles.

If it makes you feel any better, the profile picture that shows on all of my older profile feed posts is that of the Grim Reaper. Curiously, that makes me feel better.

And you really should remove the name of the other resident. LL doesn't like having other people credited with their mistakes.

;-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.