Demos in world store, set up to collect your linden?

Bree McMahon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/119108?search%5Bmaturity%5D%5B%5D=General&search%5Bmaturity%5D%5B%5D=Moderate&search%5Bpage%5D=5&search%5Bper_page%5D=12&search%5Bstore_id%5D=119108

Went to buy pants, saw a sweater, clicked the demo,,,,$$$.I heard that sound! WTF? I am the proud owner of a box looking turd.Fraud? After reading the forums two days ago, I think this in world store needs to rethink their strategy.It is legal, ..By a hair.Fix your store.:smileysad:I got screen shots.My Q is why do stores do these sneaky piling of items mixed with demos? Hmmm,PS   I cant give it away, cant wear it. Cant buy what I came for.Put your store in a Sand Box.lol

I hit the Demo and it bought the item. Deal with it.I got to.The Skinnies Jeans are not in MP.btw.I spent 200 after buying through the demo prim.So I spent 350L .all I want is these shopes to not be so tricky.My ISP can be laggy.You stalkin me? KarenMichelle Lane.You are always there to give me a smart ass answer.

So,,,, Im expecting a little bad rep after this.I have learned A lot.The " Better you , than me theroy" .Sorry for my rank .I do have a rl and it gets in the way of mastering the art of buying mesh and prims.I have my answer..Buy from the Market place only.No invoices inworld.Sorry again

I thought you should have got answers. Rank is nonsnese on this forum. A lot of people let their rank icon go to their head, don't let it discourage or bother you. Again, it really means nothing. Many people with tags don't help and there are plenty of people with member rank that are the most helpful you find. Do be careful shopping, as a male I shop often and understand your frustration.

What? Rank? Male? Thanks for the 411. I meant to type in RANT.Sorry for the typo,,, dude, I gave the best answer for me.To buy on the MP only.So I can take screenshots of my transations.I have a lagg problem.I live far from the city, where the ISP hud is.I could have pinged out.And that could be a problem for others.I can not make it any clearer..........................................End of this discussion .

I came back to delete this post, and all I got was double talk.Most of you sound very bitter...The mesh demo I purchased looks like a box on my avi.I am a custom build, that took years to design.Bree MCMahon is not am imported mesh,and it is next to impossible to find mesh clothing that fits.Bree is one of a kind...What I do for fun in SL? I run the grid looking for spammers, bullies and shady dealers.Reported a few and they are still up and running.But can I get spammers,and thieves delt with? No, but I got an ear full of bitter ppl not wanting to understand my point of veiw.I am sure you are mostly all sellers looking out for one another.

Dresden Ceriano? I never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level? Mark would have loved you using his quotes after your statement " I've been looking for a box looking turd forever ".Now that is a classic.So,,,Who is next? Bring it!

Bree McMahon wrote:

... it is next to impossible to find mesh clothing that fits.

So don't buy it?

Bree is one of a kind...

Yeah. Just like everyone else.

What I do for fun in SL? I run the grid looking for spammers, bullies and shady dealers.

Fun?

I am sure you are mostly all sellers looking out for one another.

Yeah, it's a conspiracy.

Bring it!

I think you're empty-handed.

No, I received the item.The item prims are stacked very close to one another on a TV looking structure.I have screen shots.But the outfit did turn out nice.I was happy till I came back to delete this post.Smart call tho.I watch  a lot for this.Ctrl alt T is great for seeing that scam.But one has to know what to look for.Thank you for hearing me out. :)

if you ever do shop in world again..because i've  had the opposite happen to me..i go to buy the product but get the demo hehehe

not sure if this was the case with you..but sometimes  store owners will put the demo and actual sales prims on the same sign as the product add..

always before buying look at the amount in the buy window that pops up..

never trust just the sign.. because  sometimes they can get them mixed up when making those signs..

i've had those venders give me the product from the sign right next to them before..

it can happen when they are adding a lot of products at one time to different add signs..

if you haven't tried to contact the store owner..

maybe try that ..and if there is a mixup in their sign..maybe they will give you the money back..

it's worth a try..

i don't own a store..i'm just someone that has shopped enough over the years in SL that i could open a few malls full of them  lol

Bree McMahon wrote:

I came back to delete this post, and all I got was double talk. Most of you sound very bitter.. The mesh demo I purchased looks like a box on my avi. I am a custom build, that took years to design. Bree MCMahon is not am imported mesh,and it is next to impossible to find mesh clothing that fits. Bree is one of a kind... What I do for fun in SL? I run the grid looking for spammers, bullies and shady dealers. Reported a few and they are still up and running. But can I get spammers,and thieves dealt with?  No, but I got an ear full of bitter ppl not wanting to understand my point of view. I am sure you are mostly all sellers looking out for one another.

Dresden Ceriano? I never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level? Mark would have loved you using his quotes after your statement " I've been looking for a box looking turd forever ". Now that is a classic. So,,,Who is next?  Bring it!

Hey Bree,

Lighten up sweetie!

First of all you speak in a very cryptic style that unfortunately doesn't clearly tell the story you want to tell.

All I've gotten out of your Rant so far was that you were surprised that you found merchants charging [usually L$1] for a Demo of their product. Welcome to the reality of mesh. Some merchants give the demos away for free some charge L$1. All of us learned long ago that you need to try on a mesh design before buying.  Demos - free and L$1 have been a reality for me ever since I started purchasing clothing in SL. Where have you been? When did a nuisance L$1 purchase fee become this scam you are chatting about?

So when you pop in after a few years of loitering in the background in the forums and start getting all gangsta over merchants in-world and their demo policies, what do you expect from all of us who have been active here for as long?

The whole reasons for getting a demo is to SEE THE PRODUCT on your avatar! If is looks like crap, Move on and delete it. When did that become criminal? If you own the one avatar shape that doesn't look good in any size mesh outfit, so be it. There are lots of traditional clothing options available for you.

Do you seriously think merchants are getting rich off that L$1 Demo Outfit charge? Are you totally against any charge for a demo? Well protest with your pocketbook. Don't frequent merchants that charge for demos. Why come here Ranting about it.

I can just imagine your A.R.s to Linden Lab complaining about a merchant charging for a demo'd labeled product. 

Feel free to search the grid for "spammers, bullies and shady dealers" - God you sound like Captain America when he does his cryptic banter rap with the examination doctor trying to enlist. "Went to buy pants, saw a sweater, clicked the demo,,,,$$$ I heard that sound! WTF?"

So if on your quest to rid the Grid of malcontents you save one noobie from a PITA good for you.

Carry on and note that this thread is here for all eternity.

Bree McMahon wrote:

Thank you.And I am happy with the items.No need to contact them.Thanks again for being nice and very informative.

Well i'm just glad it worked out  for the best..It's nice when that happens =)

Because Lindens are not as inexpensive as they used to be..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.