Demos in world store, set up to collect your linden?

Bree McMahon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Bree McMahon wrote:

Went to buy pants, saw a sweater, clicked the demo,,,,$$$.I heard that sound! WTF? I am the proud owner of a box looking turd.Fraud? After reading the forums two days ago, I think this in world store needs to rethink their strategy.It is legal, ..By a hair.Fix your store.:smileysad:I got screen shots.My Q is why do stores do these sneaky piling of items mixed with demos? Hmmm,PS   I cant give it away, cant wear it. Cant buy what I came for.Put your store in a Sand Box.lol

I'm sorry, I can't understand what you're asking or complaining about.  Don't know what "piling of items mixed with demos" means.

The technical excuse why some people charge L$1 for demos in-world is that their vendors are scripted and the 'money' event will not fire for L$0 purchases.  It's not a good excuse - i) touch could be used for demo version or ii) the L$1 could be immediately refunded - but it is an excuse.

As to only buying on the marketplace; that isn't what I would advise.  We see lots of complaints about marketplace ads, bad products, transaction failures, non-delivery, etc. etc.  Still, if you know what you're doing you should be ok.  Whatever works for you is best :-)

If I've completely missed the point of your OP please clarify what you meant.

martian investigations_001.jpg

martian investigations_002.jpg

Bree McMahon wrote:

No, I received the item.The item prims are stacked very close to one another on a TV looking structure.I have screen shots.But the outfit did turn out nice.I was happy till I came back to delete this post.Smart call tho.I watch  a lot for this.Ctrl alt T is great for seeing that scam.But one has to know what to look for.Thank you for hearing me out.
:)

The Martian Investigates:

Having read the OP's complaint and comments the Martian was expecting to find a highly clutterred store.  The Martian was most interested in what was meant by the phrase, "piling of items mixed with demos" in the opening post where the OP all but accuses the Merchant of Fraud.

What the Martian found was a nicely designed store.  It was anything but cluttered with the vendors (boxes) clearly marked.

While Martian Investigates did find that it was possible if you were not careful to think you were buying one item and be purchasing a different one**, Martian Investigates sees no attempt at defrauding customers by this Merchant.

Additionally, because LL has built a two click system into SL, an 'are you sure you want to do this' safety check, if there is any one the OP should be angry with it is herself  for not paying attention to what she was doing.

Martian Investigates concludes that the OP has falsely slanderred this Merchant and needs to take responsibility for her own actions.

**Any one who has been in SL a while knows that llCastRay can be problematic, that where you think you are aiming your cursor and where the viewer thinks you are can be two different things.  We all learn to be careful.

Bree McMahon wrote:
After hitting a freedie, I am offically cleaned out.

On the charge of mistaking the letter d for the letter b: GUILTY

Obiter Dicta: If you are ignorant of the differences between various letters of the alphabet it is not surprising that you are going to make errors in interacting with text based systems, some of which may require you to differentiate between Y and N.

© The Judge

Martian Investigates_001.jpg

Bree McMahon wrote:

I just got robbed for 1,507L  ..After hitting a freedie, I am offically cleaned out.

Martian Investigates, believing in being thorough, has checked this store also.

Martian Investigates concludes the OP is a Drama Lama intent on besmirching the reputation of Merchants.

Martian Investigates also concludes because SL requires a second click that cleary states the amount being spent that the OP was not robbed.  Rather the OP, if anything, decided to give away all her Linden Dollars.

Martian Investigates suggests the the OP really should get a life.

Case Status:  Closed

Bree McMahon wrote:

I just got robbed for 1,507L  ..After hitting a freedie, I am offically cleaned out.

You apparently didn't learn from your experience with buying the actual item rather than the demo to look before you click then. Before any L's are taken from you, you ALWAYS are shown exactly what you are buying and the price.  No exceptions.  If it wasn't a buy event but a touch, it still can't take L's from you without your permission.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.