Approved Creator Rezzing

Gayngel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In a no building region is there a way to script a floor prim to allow rezzing of objects created by approved creators? It would be useful to allow rezzing of boxed objects bought by vendors on sim. 

Something like llGetCreator, if llGetCreator creator = "ApprovedCreatorName" allow to rez?

Hi, no build means just "no build".

1. You can create a tiny parcel with build rights and a very short return timeframe, as found in alot shops.

2. Create a group for your shop and let only members rezz stuff, don´t forget the return time, people do not pick up their clutter usually ;-)

3. ....

Monti

The best to be done with a script, I think, would be inefficient, and would only return (llReturnObjectsByID) stuff after it was already rezzed, detected, and found not to have its OBJECT_CREATOR in an approved list.

(Such "return after rezzing" is probably far too late anyway, but the inefficient part here is the object detection, which might be done with sensor probes -- but adaptively tuning the sensor settings to find all objects has complexity at least proportional to the density of objects in range.)

Gayngel wrote:

Yes but I'd like
what
people are allowed to rez in shop parcels. I want them to only be able to rez
what
they buy from the shops.

The key word within your want is what. But rezzing is set by land permissions and group role abilities, which gives you control only over who.

In other words, though you can always control who may rez on a parcel, there is no way for you to limit what any of them might be able to rez.

No, there's no way to prevent people from rezzing specific foreign objects, but you can return them once they are rezzed if you don't want them around.  If you create a small (16m square) parcel where rezzing is allowed, you can monitor it with a script that checks periodically to see if there are objects that were made by someone other than you.  Then return the ones that don't pass the test. A script like this would do it....

integer gON;integer gOK;key gCreatorKey = "953d10f1-44ce-462a-8bc1-f634333ee031";  // Put your own UUID n the parenthesesdefault{    state_entry()    {        llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(),PERMISSION_RETURN_OBJECTS);    }        run_time_permissions(integer perm)    {        if (perm & PERMISSION_RETURN_OBJECTS)        {            gOK = TRUE;        }    }        touch_start(integer total_number)    {        if (llGetOwner() == llDetectedKey(0))        {            if (gOK)            {                llSetTimerEvent(15.0*(gON = !gON));                llRegionSayTo(llDetectedKey(0),0,"Device switched " + llList2String(["OFF","ON"],gON) );            }            else            {                llSetTimerEvent(0.0);                llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(),PERMISSION_RETURN_OBJECTS);            }        }    }        timer()    {        llSensor("","",ACTIVE|PASSIVE, 12.0,PI);    }        sensor(integer num)    {        list SendHome;        integer i;        while (i< num)        {            list temp = llGetObjectDetails(llDetectedKey(i),[OBJECT_CREATOR]);            if (llList2Key(temp,0) != gCreatorKey)  //Or substitute your favorite filter here            {                SendHome += [llDetectedKey(i)];            }            ++i;        }        llReturnObjectsByID(SendHome);    }}

A sensor will only detect the 16 nearest objects, but that's not likely to be a serious limitation unless you're expecting to be overwhelmed by hoardes of shoppers, all rezzing things in a 16m square area at once.  This script will clean out the unwanted objects every 15 seconds -- longer if you change the timer -- which should be good enough to discourage misuse of the area.

It might be pointed out that, even with an after-the-fact solution as you propose, the shop owner will need to regularly check the area and manually "sweep up" empty boxes etc or have auto return set on the parcel.

There are litter bugs in SL, just as in RL, you know.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, it's simply matching the creator of the objects; it doesn't care who owns the land.

Thing is, though, if there are renters selling stuff, it's possible they may sell things packaged in objects created by others. Or you may have multiple renters sharing the same "rez purchases here" parcel. In either case, you'd need to modify the script slightly to check if the object's creator is a member of a list of valid creators. That's not a problem, but if this grows to any scale, you'd need some practical way to populate and maintain that list, and then one begins to wonder if the ongoing effort is justified, compared to simply using a modest auto-return on the parcel, no scripts, no bother.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.