Island for High School kids.

Hamhock Gumbo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3854 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am an educator and would like to create an island for high school kids.  They will range in age from 14 to 18.  I have several teachers that will need access to the island as well.  What are the costs involved?  How do I get the kids registered? and How do I get the adult teachers registered and have access to the island?

5 answers to this question

All organizations serving users under the age of 16 must keep their estates private, with 13-15 year old accounts limited to their estate. Access to the estate by users 16 or older will be at the discretion of the owner of that estate, using estate privacy and whitelist features.

If you are an educator, non-profits organization, Resident under 18 years old or a business entities that requires a formal invoice, then place your order for private regions with the Special Island Order Form.

Use the special order form under these conditions:

• Orders for eligible educational institution or not-for-profit. There is no longer an educational discount, however, your status as an educator or non-profit does require verification, and there is a minimum initial purchase of five regions to qualify for invoicing. The five region minimum purchase requirement does not apply to currently-invoiced customers.
  • For all under 18 Resident, non-Linden Home, land orders (requires parental/guardian approval if under 18). Note: users under the age of 18 cannot purchase Linden Homes.
  • Any order requiring an invoice (payments by wire transfer, check or credit card). Specifically for business entities purchasing more than five regions (minimum requirement does not apply to currently invoiced customers) requiring a formal invoice/receipt or PO# type process. PO# not required at the time of ordering.

If your purchase does not fall into these categories, then place your order at the Land Store.

32px-KBnote.png Note:
  • All orders placed through the Special Island Order Form require advance payment of six or twelve months maintenance fees.
  • Maintenance fees are added to your island order invoice based on the payment cycle chosen at a rate of $295.00.
  • Payment is made from the invoice which is issued upon the delivery of your island. Your first invoice will include both the setup and the first cycle of maintenance.

TThe text above is exerpted from here.  Read it carefully, including the parts that I did not exerpt.  At least one statement in the section above is no longer true.  Linden Lab began offering Educational Discounts again last winter, so you should make specific mention of that in your application for land purchase.  Other provisions may also be out-of-date as well.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3854 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.