Clothing photoshop

Magnolia Mercury

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I know a bit about Ps but i am no pro i am stuck on one thing: How to create great clothing seams. I tried the stitch brushes but they come out looking like messy junk even after i have dropped a bit of shadow on them etc . It feels like i have to place them one by one. I last tried the line tool but! that did not work out so well so! i need to find a new method/correct method to creating seams. Thank ya in advance

4 answers to this question

That is a very general question best asked google as there is literally tons of seams guides for Photoshop, both in written form and on youtube.

If you for some reason don't like google, you could post this in the Building & Texturing sub forum and have other's google for you x3

Stitch brushes are limited.  They end up looking mechanical because they don't take into account all the variations in appearance that you see in RL clothing as hand-stitched seams pucker, stretch, and have  little quirks. Unless you want to draw every blessed stitch one at a time, though, it's hard to get stitching that looks really good.  Frankly, I'm not OCD enough to do that.  The best stitching advice I ever read in SL was given by Robin Sojourner in this archived thread from the VERY old texturing forum.  She was writing in 2006, back in the days of Photoshop CS2, but the technique still works well today.  Read the exchange between Robin and Rachel Darling.

Do you think we should point out that CS2 is NOT now free, that Adobe said they made a mistake when they said it was and let it escape across the internet and that therefore, on no account, should anyone download it from sites like http://www.techspot.com/downloads/3689-adobe-photoshop-cs2.html or similar?

Actually I think my old PS Elements 2 is better, or maybe I'm just used to it. GIMP is the (really) free equivalent of choice.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.