How would i do this?

SallyBees

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to have different colored textures of this one print to wear. I want to have it commissioned(were would i post that?) How would i know what prices they take? Would i have to ask the owner of the outfit if im allowed to have it commissioned?(or does it matter on what permissions the outfit has?)

SallyBees wrote:

I want to have different colored textures of this one print to wear. I want to have it commissioned(were would i post that?) How would i know what prices they take? Would i have to ask the owner of the outfit if im allowed to have it commissioned?(or does it matter on what permissions the outfit has?)

Ask the creator if they will make it in other textures..

It would be difficult to get textures of an outfit changed by a person who is not the creator. The outfit would have to be full permissions allowed for you to give the outfit to someone to modify and then return to you. Not many outfits are full perm unless you buy one of those expensive full perm items on the marketplace in which case you could certainly modify it or have someone modify it for you.

Bree Giffen wrote:

It would be difficult to get textures of an outfit changed by a person who is not the creator. The outfit would have to be full permissions allowed for you to give the outfit to someone to modify and then return to you. Not many outfits are full perm unless you buy one of those expensive full perm items on the marketplace in which case you could certainly modify it or have someone modify it for you.

Doing this would violate the terms of most of the licenses that come with full perm mesh models of clothing. She could only pass it to the person who modified it as mod / copy or transfer.  Further most licenses say you can't give the item for free.  You have to charge for it and some even specify the minimum price you have to charge.

The person doing the work would have to buy the full perm item , texture it, then sell it to the OP as either copy or transfer not both to stay within the terms of the license.

The only other solution would be to contact the mesh creator to obtain permission to do this.

my guess (and I think that of the other responders) is that OP has an item that's mod/trans or fp, wants it retextured, but doesn't want to bother doing so herself (maybe insecure, maybe not handy with tools needed to make the textures, who knows).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.