Transfer Fees

Gamja Myanamotu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To go along with this topic, what about the setup fee for when you buy someones region they setup?

Do you have to pay LL the setup fee when buying a region from someone?

Example: I do not have a full region yet but I am looking to get one soon. If I buy the region from someone (not LL directly) via this board do I still need to pay the setup fee of $1,000 usd?

no, you pay the transfer fee, which includes afaik an option to rename and move the region if performed at the same time. Setup fee is only for new regions (and the difference between the two is a big reason for people to buy sims from other residents, can save you hundreds of dollars).

Robbin Bluestar wrote:

To go along with this topic, what about the setup fee for when you buy someones region they setup?

Do you have to pay LL the setup fee when buying a region from someone?

Example: I do not have a full region yet but I am looking to get one soon. If I buy the region from someone (not LL directly) via this board do I still need to pay the setup fee of $1,000 usd?

Since this is the Mainland sub-forum, I assume you are talking about a mainland region. There is not setup fee for it and there never was. Only non-mainland sims have setup fees, and that's only when they are first created.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.