couple questions

Damenod

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3850 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

sorry if in wrong forums but i was wondering a couple things. any way to contact an SL admin and have them check when last someone been on and if they can return linden? 

(long story) a month ago i was going threw market place and ran across someone stuff and thought that they look very well made and wanted to see if they would make me one. they said yes for 3k lindens. so got the 3k linden together s/he said take bout a week to get it done. it been bout a month and cant seem to get ahold of the person anymore. so idk if i got scammed and an admin can return the 3k to me or am i boned?

Damenod wrote:

sany way to contact an SL admin and have them check when last someone been on and if they can return linden? 

Sorry but no, LL doesn't get involved in disputes between users. I think that's probably good, especially for custom work, because there is no way LL could have all the evidence for work done outside the grid.

If you can't get a hold of that person,and they are not trying to contact you, then its safe to assume that u have been scammed. If you found that person on market place and they have a store, then smear their name and brand across sl. We don't want other people being scammed by this person. However make sure this person has scammed u before you start your smearing campaign.

Damenod wrote: [...] 
have them check when last someone been on`[...]

Look in the user profile what groups is he in; if any of those groups is free and open for you join, get in. Once in, the group's profile has a list with all its members and their last online date.

-------was the store name. i dont really wannt smear her cuz her avatar r very well made. a friend of mine bought her dreanai and night elf skins and were very well made. trryed whispering that name ingame but nothing so idk anyways else to msg her/ i can tell her store has changed a few item have been removed. just wish i knew a way to get ahold of this person.

I would remove the name. It could get you into trouble. I know how you feel. Someone scammmed me out of 2.5k linden and there was nothing I could do about it. He even came on the forums and was getting more business. If I said anything I would be in trouble for smearing his name. I cringed as he lured innocent people. Still he is on my friend list not paying me or my friend back. She got it worse. she paid him 10k.. Always, always get references. More the better. Sorry this happened. At this poing I dont care about the linden however my sense of security is gone, I get I can thank him for that. I got wiser. Wish you luck.

Since no one has pointed this out to you I will.

Her business is selling mesh avatar characters,based on anima whose IP rights she doesn't own and that I doubt she has a license for.  Not an honest thing to do at all and a direct violation of the TOS and real life law.  So is it surprising you didn't get what you paid for?

I am not accusing you of anything other than to point out that IF you ordered such a character to be custom made then you could be in violation too unless one of you got a license from the company that owns the character to reproduce it in SL. If you don't have a license, maybe its a good thing that you didn't get what you paid for.  Even if you do get it eventually, it may disappear from your inventory without refund, if someone notifies the company that owns the IP rights and they file a DMCA complaint with LL .  You both could be in RL legal hot water as well as jeopardizing your SL account.  Don't think it won't happen either.  Creators that follow the law and produce original work are getting more frustrated with merchants that don't and are taking steps to report them to the companies that own the IP rights.

You should take some time to read the official policy on IP rights, which is incorporated into the TOS by reference in Section 12.  If you did order a avatar that is based on a character from another game, anima, movie etc, then count the loss of the 3K L's as a lesson learned, and cheap at that compared to the amount a good RL lawyer costs.

Damenod wrote:

trryed whispering that name ingame but nothing

whispering only works for people who are located local to you inworld, within the 'whisper' distance limits. to directly contact this person, search for her name, open her profile, and there may be instructions on how to contact her, or just IM her from her profile.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3850 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.