file log

Dago Heron

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3852 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello 

Yesterday talking with a friend I learn that someone during the week end use my account/avatar.

No particular probelm, only disturb some friend, but I will ask you if is possible receive by mail copy of the file log to understand who could be that use it.
In the mean time obviously I change all my psw.

My email address is dago.heron@gmail.com

thanks in advance
Dago

5 answers to this question

No one but you can access your chat logs, Dago, even less send them to you by email. Here's where to look on your computer to find them. :smileyhappy:

btw: be happy that nobody can access these! Otherwise this would be a major breach in your privacy!

Chat and IM logs

By default, Second Life automaticallys saves local chat and IM conversations to log files on your hard drive.

Log files

Log files are saved to a location that depends on you operating system:

• Windows XPC:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\SecondLife\Avatarname\chat.txt
  • Windows 7 and VistaC:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\chat.txt
  • Mac OSXUsers/Username/Library/Application Support/SecondLife/Avatarname/chat.txt

Where Username is your system account name and Avatarname is your Second Life username.

32px-KBcaution.png Important: You may need to enable your file browser's ability to view hidden files to access your chat logs at their default location. 

Oh, I am sorry Dago, I missed your point. I assume only Linden Lab could check that. that means you would have to file a support ticket under "I believe my account has been compromised". But in this case, your account will be put on hold while LL investigates and this may take quite a few days. Since you have changed your password and secured your account, it's up to you to make that decision, knowing that it will make your account unavailable for some time. Good luck!

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Account_Security

1.   We are just residents like you here, not Linden Lab.  Even if we WERE, LL does not send that sort of information to anyone except the NSA and FBI.

2.  It ***IS*** a big deal when someone else uses your account.  It's good that you changed your password, but don't leave the "remember my password" box checked on the login screen.  And see this information about what to do when your account is compromised:  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Account_Security

3.  Edit your post here to remove your email address, using the Options/Edit button in the upper right.  This is a public forum and you should never post personal information here unless you want people to start sending you all sorts of junk.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3852 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.