I cannot remove an item from my avatar!

BalieyFox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3914 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I've had these mesh nails on for weeks! I just can't remove them! When I go to edit my outfit, it isn't on the list of what I'm wearing, but they're still on my avi. I've even went the lengths of deleting the nails from my inventory. Still no cigar! Help?

You can not delete items attached to your avatar. It sounds like you have an issue with the viewer.

What viewer are you using? Do you have a good internet connection, are you on wireless or not?

Have you tried to clear cache and logged into an empty sim like Hatton? If you try this, open your inventory and let it load before you try to edit your outfit, detach things, IM friends or teleport somewhere. 

if they are rigged mesh you would have to take them off from in your inventory..

unrigged you can get to from the edit tools..but rigged has to be removed from within the inventory..

so if they won't delete..it is because they are worn..

try taking them off from the actual folder in the inventory and not the current outfit folder..

look for worn items in the inventory..then whenyou find the nails right click them and go to the folder location ..then see if they are there ..then right click them and detach or take off..

the only reason i am mentioning this way is because it's one way you didn't mention of taking them off..

you can't right click on rigged mesh when it is outside of the inventory..you won't get the menu from it there..

I have this happening sometimes.  I detach something, looking in the inventory I can see that it's not worn anymore. But the viewer still renders it on me for me to see. Once I asked a friend that can they see the item on me. The answer was "no, it's detached". So it's a viewer/cache error.

How to resolve this?

• Mere relog helps sometimes.
• If not, one can do a character test and after that wear some outfit.
• If those do not help, then clearing (in addition to the above steps), clearing cache is the final step to make.
  Some cache files occasionally might get corrupted showing unexpected results in one's viewer.

By the way, deleting the item from the inventory is a useless step.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3914 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.