Don't use "Instant Purchase"

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I saw the "Instant Purchase" button today, and decided to try it out on a pair of demo jeans.

Instead of being charged 0 L$ and being sent demo jeans, I was charged 250 L$ and sent some women's hair. Hair that I've never even looked at on the marketplace in the past. It seems they picked it randomly and charged me for it.

Another broken goddamned system.

So, I saw the "Instant Purchase" button today, and decided to try it out on a pair of demo jeans.

Instead of being charged 0 L$ and being sent demo jeans, I was charged 250 L$ and sent some women's hair. Hair that I've never even looked at on the marketplace in the past. It seems they picked it randomly and charged me for it.

Gadget Portal wrote:

I always use instant purchase or purchase now or whatever the method is to not use the shopping cart and have never had any issues.  I *have* had many, many customers buy multiples of my copy items and when asked 100% of them used the shopping cart and had quite a few items from other merchants in the cart as well.  The two may not be indicative of anything but...I'll just default back to I've never had an issue with *not* using the shopping cart.

No, the button on the product page. Usually it says "Add to Cart" or "Buy Now".

Buy_Now.PNG

Well, "Buy Now" was replaced with "Instant Purchase". I used it, and was sent hair.

Interestingly, I did contact the hair creator. Apparently he was swamped with IMs of people saying the same thing. Also interestingly, the button has now returned to "Buy Now". Instant Purchase doesn't show up anymore. Seems it was a bug in the system.

Gadget Portal wrote:

No, the button on the product page. Usually it says "Add to Cart" or "Buy Now".

Buy_Now.PNG

Well, "Buy Now" was replaced with "Instant Purchase". I used it, and was sent hair.

Interestingly, I did contact the hair creator. Apparently he was swamped with IMs of people saying the same thing. Also interestingly, the button has now returned to "Buy Now". Instant Purchase doesn't show up anymore. Seems it was a bug in the system.

Ohhh ok, it must have been a bug.  I've never seen an Instant Purchase option, just the "Buy Now" which eventually leads to the screen Perrie posted.  Weird.

Gadget Portal wrote:

That's my guess. They rolled it out, it was terrible, then they changed their mind. They also closed my JIRA and said that support should refund me. Support read my ticket and told me how to find the item in my received folder.

**bleep**ing morons.

From start to finish they love playing with our patience.

Unreal

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.