Open Collar Script Modification? Faisable?

BadEddy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, 

When we rezz on the ground an object using open collar scripts, it automatically ask us permission to animate our avatar. 

Also, still when rezzed on the ground (and not worn as an attachment) the menu open if we click the device. 

Now my question: is it possible to tweak those open collar script so that no permission to animate avatar is asked when rezzed and so that the menu open only if clicked while attached to the avatar. Basically, I'd like it to do nothing unless it's worn. Is it faisable?

Thanks

Hello, 

When we rezz on the ground an object using open collar scripts, it automatically ask us permission to animate our avatar. 

Also, still when rezzed on the ground (and not worn as an attachment) the menu open if we click the device. 

Now my question: is it possible to tweak those open collar script so that no permission to animate avatar is asked when rezzed and so that the menu open only if clicked while attached to the avatar. Basically, I'd like it to do nothing unless it's worn. Is it faisable?

Thanks

OpenCollar scripts are open (heh) so yeah, you can definitely mod them. I haven't looked at one in ages myself, but at first glance they appear to be GPL licensed, so that has implications if you were to distribute any mods.

As to the detailed how-to, it should be quite simple, as Steph outlines: check in on_rez event handlers, and anywhere it's threatening to ask for permissions, check llGetAttached() first... and if not attached, then think of something sane to do instead.

• Like 1

on_rez and attach are different events, so make the script to ask for permissions on attach event. Keep in mind however that if you have both events the on_rez event would still run and it would run before the attach event so don't ask for any permissions in the on_rez event.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.