Exclusive Gifts For Premium Members No Longer Exclusive

Perrie Juran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I guess just like it appeared many of us did not understand the meaning of the word "regular" when it was announced there would be regular gifts for Premium members, we must not be understanding the meaning of the word "Exclusive" when Linden Lab said the gifts are "exclusive gifts" for Premium members.

Old gifts are now for sale so any Tom, Dick, or Jane can own them.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/New-Limited-Time-Deals-on-Amazon-for-Second-Life-Packs/ba-p/2184261

I guess just like it appeared many of us did not understand the meaning of the word "regular" when it was announced there would be regular gifts for Premium members, we must not be understanding the meaning of the word "Exclusive" when Linden Lab said the gifts are "exclusive gifts" for Premium members.

Old gifts are now for sale so any Tom, Dick, or Jane can own them.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/New-Limited-Time-Deals-on-Amazon-for-Second-Life-Packs/ba-p/2184261

that reminds me..i need to clean my inventory out..

i was grabbing that stuff because i just never thought we would see it again once it was gone..

kind of like collectors items stuff..

this is kind of a relief really..now i can just toss them out..

alll though..i did like the sale boat..i never sailed before they gave us a sail boat..

so i guess that was kina cool..

still have to toss it though..because like that was the onyl time i went sailing..since then? nothing hehehe

Ceka Cianci wrote:

.... still have to toss it though..because like that was the onyl time i went sailing..since then? nothing hehehe

Not being premium, I'm not sure, but I am guessing that boat was an easy to sail one that a newb could master quickly and not much fun.

You should try a sail boat that sails like a RL one does that is effected by the SL wind just like it would be in RL and that you sail the same way.  They are much more challenging, faster and fun to sail and one reason sailing is so popular in SL.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

.... still have to toss it though..because like that was the onyl time i went sailing..since then? nothing hehehe

Not being premium, I'm not sure, but I am guessing that boat was an easy to sail one that a newb could master quickly and not much fun.

You should try a sail boat that sails like a RL one does that is effected by the SL wind just like it would be in RL and that you sail the same way.  They are much more challenging, faster and fun to sail and one reason sailing is so popular in SL.

that willl probably have to wait until my next computer..

i've been thinking about them..and figured if i was really gonna get into it..i would want a really good one..

that one  was neat..and it didn't lookto bad..it was a nice build for what i know of them..which isn't much in here..

but i can barely ride my bikes right now which i love to do..

so it's new computer time soon..then i'm gonna be trying all kinds of good stuff like that again =)

until then..that will give me time to get rid of a lot of the out dated stuff in my inventory..

well all but my worlds largest flying pancake..

i just can't seem to ever want to part with that ..it's just too unique the thought that someone put into that lol

Kinda fun and clever what they do here... They put something on Amazon that is maybe not even too expensive for some.

(L$ 4000 = US$ 16.13. So you have almost US$ 9 left for the Hoverboard, Sailboat and Buggy. That's a bit over L$ 700 for each which is ok for some (I wouldn't pay that in a million years because I know I can find it cheaper on the MP if I wanted something likewise).

People probably don't want to spend that amount in total so will instead also go to the MP and look for other things that can do the same, whether they need that or not. So... LL takes their money from that instead.

Kylara Kuhn wrote:

Kinda fun and clever what they do here... They put something on Amazon that is maybe not even too expensive for some.

(L$ 4000 = US$ 16.13. So you have almost US$ 9 left for the Hoverboard, Sailboat and Buggy. That's a bit over L$ 700 for each which is ok for some (I wouldn't pay that in a million years because I know I can find it cheaper on the MP if I wanted something likewise).

People probably don't want to spend that amount in total so will instead also go to the MP and look for other things that can do the same,
whether they need that or not
. So... LL takes their money from that instead.

Are that many of us really that stupid?

On second thought, please don't answer that question.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

The SL wind has changed and I think it's probably, for the first time, possible to sail regattas on it. Prior to the recent change (which breaks my heart, as well as my SL Wind demo) the winds changed over such short distances that any two boats trying to navigate the same course in a race would find it terribly difficult, if not impossible.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.