Are there any places for mature people on SL?

pitiful

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Syo Emerald wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

After being used to horrible grammar and incomplete sentences from his fellow countrymen, he didn't expect that someone with English as a second language would bother to write this
good
well.

Just thought I'd help. :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

...Dres

Hey, I'm trying my best.

Oh, you're doing wonderfully, most native speakers say good when they should've said well.

I am by no means a grammar nazi... I mean, I can deal with a lot while in chat with someone, as long as they put forth some effort to be legible.  Not everything has to be capitalized or punctuated perfectly.  And, since they're typing on the fly, as it were, some spelling errors and typos are to be expected.  In a forum, where you have the time to make sure that what you're saying is, at least, understandable, I have little patience for those who don't take the time to do so.

I'm reminded of this one aggravating, little girl that used to post here... she knew how to write correctly, because, at times, she would.  Other times, she'd purposely write in a manner that was rather childish and difficult to decipher.  I'm very relieved that she's no longer around.

...Dres

Syo Emerald wrote:

In general, I noticed a lot people, no matter what language they spoke, get lazy or aren't used to type correctly as soon as they get into anything that can be called "chat". (I just hope, they type better at their workplace). I once asked someone why he refused to use punctuation or capitalletters. He said its too exertive to always think about that stuff.

I also used to have a line in my profile that said, "Must be able to communicate in full sentences.  Letters are not words." 

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

In general, I noticed a lot people, no matter what language they spoke, get lazy or aren't used to type correctly as soon as they get into anything that can be called "chat". (I just hope, they type better at their workplace). I once asked someone why he refused to use punctuation or capitalletters. He said its too exertive to always think about that stuff.

I also used to have a line in my profile that said, "Must be able to communicate in full sentences.  Letters are not words." 

M R Snakes

M R Not

C M E D B D I's

L I B

M R Snakes!

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I also used to have a line in my profile that said, "Must be able to communicate in full sentences."

This is quite amusing, as it is not a full sentence.

I must admit to giggling a lot at the ESLers in this thread pontificating about good English - and not realising how badly they are writing.

I must admit to giggling a lot at the ESLers in this thread pontificating about good English - and not realising how badly they are writing.

Hey, haven't we just learned that it's not good but well english? LOL

Also I might add that it's not the cool vocabulary or skillfull sentencing but the grammar that often makes us ESLers so good at english. There, their, they're are often confuslerizered by native speakers, while we ESLers almost always nail it. Same with the wrong ' in plural's, hehe. And don't fret, most germans aren't able to get it right in their own language neither. One of the reasons why I hardly ever peek in the german subforum; it's like a kindergarten there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.