Issue buying lindens from another country

Carlos Cameron

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I'm trying to find some information for a friend. This person lives in Chile but can't buy Lindens at all and therefore is about to lose their land since they can't pay their monthly fee. They don't have a credit card, only a debit one which they can't use to buy them. At one point they had someone buying it for them but that's no longer possible.

So what would be the nest option of them to resolve this issue?

Thanks for any help.

Hello,

I'm trying to find some information for a friend. This person lives in Chile but can't buy Lindens at all and therefore is about to lose their land since they can't pay their monthly fee. They don't have a credit card, only a debit one which they can't use to buy them. At one point they had someone buying it for them but that's no longer possible.

So what would be the nest option of them to resolve this issue?

Thanks for any help.

Write to Linden Lab's billing department and tell them that as they still can't work out how to accept people's money, unlike every other comapny in cyberspace, that the land will be abandoned, premium membership downgraded, marketplace items unbought, etc. etc.

[it won't do any good but maybe, one day, if enough of us keep saying it, our childrens' children will meet a Linden who will say "I made SL's payment system work for international customers".

That - or move to the USA, which is all LL can cope with at the moment.]

There is a fairly recent thread about getting paypal to work with SL in the Netherlands somewhere on this forum too - that may help.

The problem with buying lindens for them is the exchange rate and everything that goes with it. As for them not being able to buy lindens using their debit card, it's what I was told.

I'm gathering this information as a third party member. It's for a friend of a friend of mine.

Anyway, I really appreciate the responses.

Thanks, guys!

This person lives in Chile but can't buy Lindens at all and therefore is about to lose their land since they can't pay their monthly fee.

Sorry but that scenario sounds highly unlikely. Here's why:

1) if that person can't pay how did he/she become a premium member, as is needed to get land in the first place?

2) they can't pay tier in L$ anyway, the Lab will only accept US$.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.