Double charged for items

Karmas Destiny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Karmas Destiny wrote:

I've noticed lately that when i buy something on marketplace, it's adding two of everything to the cart.

After buying something last night, i went to buy something today and those purchases from yesterday were still in my cart. Is this a bug with marketplace?

Any time my customers purchased two of the same copy permissions item, when I checked with them it was always when they used a shopping cart.  I personally never use the cart and purchase one item at a time and never had the double purchase issue.  Would be worth giving a try.

that might be a new bug, I saw a customer have the same issue a few days ago, they bought the same item 10 hours appart, so I refunded them for one of them , but I never heard from them so don't know exactly what happened. 

If you add some thing to the cart then click on buy now it will add a second one to your cart.

Similar experience here.

Once arriving at invoice page, the quantities and/or listed items are either old stuff, long ago removed stuff, etc. 

And,

because the invoice page is not editable, and on that page there is no real options to buyer to fix wrong list/quantities except using [back] button to edit wrong list/quantities, that may be complicating the issue in a browser.  This, using IE 10.

And the page before that -- the "see cart" page where it says you can remove a single item, or you can edit quantity in box per line item)?  Changing the form box quantities fights me, and also the global "update quantities" button if you click it after you fix the above actually resets what you just fixed back to the higher/wrong quantities lol.  The remove item button?  It looks like it removes it, item disappears, but then hit [Checkout] and it is still there on invoice page.

And if that doesn't make you smile enough to yourself:  Because the quantities now double, I also sometimes get an error message in the window because cart list (that it just doubled mind you) is of a quantity above the 10 items max.

Trying to fix the list for me makes it worse.  Using a single browser window instead of multiple does not make any difference in my experience. 

And sometimes?  I don't even get the new cart invoice page at all.  It advances me instead through to the old "zero dollar in your cart-but maybe buy this stuff ads then click button lower right bottom to buy now" sequence page.  When that happens I shut it down and don't proceed because if I click the button it may be totally bypassing letting me see what's on that uneditable invoice page and who even knowssss what it thinks I am buying or how many L$.

Presuming they are working on it, and it will work itself out.  But certainly a time intensive process consistently now to even buy a single item.  I have many items on a cart from hours ago, some of them removed before I even purchased anything, and all I want is a single item, just one thing, but it won't update the cart down to one.

Nice workaround would be a working button called "EMPTY CART" on either the editable or invoice page or both. 

• 6 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I am having this problem again. The first time I submitted my ticket, Dakota Linden cleared my cart and it fixed the doubling items problem. I have to click buy item and buy one at a time. It's very frustrating. The website should function properly. I even had it doubling 1 item I added to the cart, and thankfully the item was priced to 0L. I saw the message of two items after I checked out. I'm going to submit another ticket again, today. There needs to be a permanent fix. This happens to me when I'm logged in and logged out.

Kytteh, have you tried using a different web browser? IE, if you are using Firefox, use Chrome. It might be an issue with the browser and not SL directly. Would be good to try to eliminate any issues before making a ticket so they have an idea of what might be causing the problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.