Mainland pricing is ridicules.

Arty Ziplon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Arty Ziplon wrote:

I've been shopping around for land and have noticed that most of the protected waterfront properties are way over priced. I understand the desirability factor but why on earth would someone pay twice what the could buy a private Island for? 

Simply put, access to the Blake Sea.

Arty Ziplon wrote:

I can access the blake sea with the click of a button, I don't need to be price raped.

Just like in RL, in SL waterfront real estate gets premium and even exorbitant pricing.

Any of us can access Blake Sea with the click of a button.  The other side is that there is only a very limited amount of Real Estate actually attached to it.

I have seen crazy pricing too.
A waterside parcel of 1024 SQM on Nautilus/ Blake Sea ...400.000 L$...

That is about 1600 USD !!!

Even a lunatic with to much money won't pay that

I lived on Blake about a year ago and I rented a nice waterside parcel close to the airport  of 2048 sqm with 800 prims for 1600 L$ a week. So why pay 400.000 for 1024 sqm...?????

And I don't understand why Blake is so popular. It is as laggy as hell. There are much better places for boating and flying.

Just don't go to Blake Sea then. It _is_ the largest open body of water in SL though.

Beach parcels are generally expensive, agreed. Those who want L$400k however are just weird. If you look around you can get beach stuff for a lot less than that, even on the Nautilus continent. There's a 1040sqm on Marsco for 13259 with protected water on the south (which can be sailed all the way to Blake Sea if you like long trips). Some 512sqm for ~L$6000 on Novatron...

Just open the map and follow the coastlines of the main continents and see what's there. If you see something you like you can always try to negotiate the price down.

Btw, private island costs (new) US$1k for setup and US$300/month to rent from LL. Mainland costs whatever you are willing to pay and a full sim (with 6553sqm tier leftover if you use a group) costs US$200/month to rent from LL.

Ina Fairport wrote:

I have seen crazy pricing too.

A waterside parcel of 1024 SQM on Nautilus/ Blake Sea ...400.000 L$...

That is about 1600 USD !!!

Even a lunatic with to much money won't pay that

I lived on Blake about a year ago and I rented a nice waterside parcel close to the airport  of 2048 sqm with 800 prims for 1600 L$ a week. So why pay 400.000 for 1024 sqm...?????

And I don't understand why Blake is so popular. It is as laggy as hell. There are much better places for boating and flying.

I've seen a few insanely priced parcels.

I do wish LL would add extortion to the TOS.

(My original reply really was in regard to the overall higher pricing around the Blake Sea.)

I've seen landlords price choice land at ridicules prices on the mainland and particularly around the Blake Sea. I've seen large parcels priced as high as 4 million L's.   I don't think they are actually wanting to sell it but by setting it for sale it is listed in the Land Search for free.  Its a way to advertise for free.  The land description gives rental information.  I guess they figure someone looking for land around there may end up renting from them instead of buying when they see the ad.  If they do happen to sell it, then they make a huge profit, so its win win either way for them.

Some landowners that are not landlords may see these high prices and think they can get high dollar for their lot too.  Their greed blinds them to what is really going on there. 

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Arty Ziplon wrote:

I can access the blake sea with the click of a button, I don't need to be price raped.

I don't thing anything or anyone is forcibly sexually penetrating an orifice of the price.

Pricing is set based on demand, and the desire of the owner to keep the land from being sold to uses that are not highly invested in their ownership. "Fly by night" land owners tend to not have as much concern for the quality of their builds. People who are very invested will tend to care about what they rez - and even if you don't like the style you can often appreciate the skill put into that displaying that style.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.