Larger avatar settings

Edward Nussbaum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use a mesh body in SL (Human Mesh), and I would like to proportion it to be taller than what is available - not just taller, but correctly proportioned. I have looked at the deformers for the werewolf and etc shapes, but they just warp me into something weird, and I want the body mesh to look like, well, a regular body, except larger. has anybody done this? or is there a way to do this in a firly simple way? Thanks.

First, let me say that I am NOT a creator. I could be way off, here. However:

I'm not 100% certain you CAN edit your mesh avatar. I believe, unless I'm mistaken, that you would have to be able to export the mesh into something like blender, or have the mesh file for a program like blender. I could be totally wrong, but I think it's the same general concept as editing a texture, like a skin - you have to actually HAVE the texture, outside of SL, in order to change it.

Maybe you know this and has already tried it, but....

Is the shape following the mesh avaar modifiable? If so, stretch the height to 100 and adjust the other bones, leg bones, hips, shoulders, arms, hands, head, neck... and more I think, until it looks good to you. Rigged mesh follow the bones of the avatar skeleton, so you will not be able to adjust fat and muscle mass. But height should be easy solved. I did it with a monster avatar.

If the shape that came with the avatar is no modify, try it with another human shape. If you already stretched the height to 100 and think it's not tall enough, then I suppose the mesh avatar designer has to make a deformer just for that mesh. That would probably cost you a lot for custom work. How tall is the avatar now? Wasn't it a demo you could try first?

Hi, yes the mesh will stretch with whatever shape my avi is stretched to; I have put on the deformers for the Werewolf meshes (among others) and my mesh body goes with it. What I want, though is to have an avi deformer that simply increases the regular avi to a larger size (say around 9 feet tall), and keep the correct proportions so the human mesh is simply larger, and does not distort the mesh into weird shapes. I have opened up a .bvh file in a text program and noticed that it has bone connections in it, but I don't know what numbers to alter to do it, if this is indeed where it is done. Thanks!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.