question Black Sea

Hilver

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

theoretically, you can get a sim moved, or a new one placed in a specific location. But AFAIK LL won't place a sim in contact with a sim owned by someone else except in very specific conditions (like the Blake Sea project, in which case some private sims were placed adjacent to LL owned land in order to provide a corridor to move between the mainland and the Blake Sea).

Best you can do is contact LL and ask.

I knew the info was in the Wiki.  Took me a bit to remember where.

Moving a Private Region

Private region owners can request to move a region to another location on the World Map, subject to availability. Certain areas of the World Map are reserved for special purposes, including the mainland and themed expansions provided by Linden Lab.

If you would like to move your region adjacent to another Resident's region, they must allow you as a neighbor in our system prior to your request for the region move.  Note that your private region cannot be rotated, so what is currently North will always be North.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-Private-Regions/ta-p/700115

There are some Estate (private) SIM's attached to the Blake Sea.  I believe the SIMs the Galaxy is on are such.  I'd have to get IN WORLD to confirm these and the others before I post other names.

My guess would be there is specific Criteria you'd need to meet before LL would allow you to connect.

As stated above, a support ticket may be your best bet to get an answer.

Blake Sea was named in reference to this guy :smileyhappy:

And, NO, you can't really do that. Blake Sea is very rare co-op of the United Sailing Sims (USS) and LL, in which the USS (130+ sims) got some extra special treatment after they threatened the lab to leave SL after the homestead scandal of 08. AFAIK you gotta ask the owners of the sims adjacent to your planned location if they'd accept you as their new neighbor.

USS is comprised of a bunch of different estates and single sims bordering the BS directly: Honah Lee, Balboa, Trudeau, Sailors Cove, SLNE, NYC, Second Norway, Plug Harbor ...

So best speak to the estate owner you wanna have as next door neighbor.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.