Land question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3943 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Having been here a while back, I still recall the many horror stories about owning land on the mainland. Has this changed or is it still as bad as before?

If you purchased land at the mainland from someone else, can this be done or do you need to have a sl membership to do so?

Thank You

Carlos Cameron wrote:

Having been here a while back, I still recall the many horror stories about owning land on the mainland. Has this changed or is it still as bad as before?

If you purchased land at the mainland from someone else, can this be done or do you need to have a sl membership to do so?

Thank You

In order to own Mainland you do have to have a Premium Account.

As far as "horror stories" go, yes, people do at times have problems and sometimes they can get nasty.

Personally I have lived on Mainland for most of my SL Life, nearly six years.

In that time I have only had one serious problem with a griefer attack on the SIM where I was living which LL cleaned up fairly quick.

Bottom line though is every ones experience may vary.

Mainland experiences vary. Private estates will usually have something to deter griefers and almost always have themes regarding landscaping and buildings, so that you don't get your Cape Cod all beautifully nestled in and the shrubs planted only to find a four-story techno-rock disco going up next door.

With mainland, everyone does more or less as they please. I've been on mainland for nearly five years and I like it. Never had griefer problems. It was fun watching things come and go near my first place, the place I live now is nicer but it's almost TOO quiet.

edited for spelling—I see griefers so rarely I couldn't even spell the word correctly

Same as Perrie, I've lived on mainlaind the majority of my 6 years in SL and LOVE it.  However, mainland varies greatly by where it is located, what is (currently) around it, and the type of sim.  I live on a water sim and happen to have the corner parcel that is bordered by two Linden Oceans.  There is currently no land for sale on my sim (very unusual in the current mainland market) and the parcels that face one of the oceans are still selling for like 1,000L per sqm and up.  I have also been on this same sim for most of the 6 years; I used to own varying amounts of land and have now been renting the parcel I'm on for the past 3 years or so.  Many of my neighbors have lived on the sim for a long time as well.

In traveling about, mainland parcels that front one of the Linden roads are also more expensive.  If one doesn't care what's at ground level and is ok with a skyhome, there are innumberable abandoned mainland parcels now for 1L sqm.

As with everything in real estate, SL or RL - it's location, location, location.

same here, have had a nice bit of mainland for months now. Except for one period of a few weeks where a neighbour had got a self replicating trojan on their land they couldn't quickly find, very good experience.

Would increase my land holdings there if there were land available at a decent price, but got lucky as is to get the land I did get at what's below average price for an oceanfront parcel, and there's nothing available in the sim or the neighbouring ones.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3943 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.