I need help, i bought something inworld and i dont have it in my inventory

SerenaNova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay so i bought this surfboard in Analog inworld, i wasted 555l on it, when i went to find it in my inventory it was not there, i contacted the owners of the place and im not having any answers,  they are never on, im pissed off that i wasted 555l liden in something i dont have. can someone help me out, this happend to you before?

Thank you :)

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

This never happened to me when buying inworld unless accidentally clicking on "discard" instead of "keep". I can happen to all of us, especially when we receive several messages at the same time. Are you sure it's not what happened to you? If not, look at your transaction history on your dashboard for the exact name of the surfboard and use search in your inventory. Logically, it should be in your "objects" folder. (The received items folder contains what you buy on the marketplace). Please do check your "lost and found" folder: if you discarded the object, it might be here. 

Other than that, keeping contacting the merchant along with a NC including the item's exact name, transaction number and date is about the only option you have (be polite and ask nicely, it does help in most cases). Good luck! 

ETA: Just a side note: it's summer vacation for many people, so they may not be online for a few days. Considering that messages (including IMs and inventory offers) are capted after 25, I would suggest you also drop the merchant a message on his web-based profile on mysecondlife.com

• Like 3

Things like that don't happen often in world, but they are quite possible.  The merchant's scripted vendor may have a glitch, or he may have accidentally loaded a no-transfer version of the product into it, for example. 

There's also another nasty possibility.  As long as SL has been around, there have been crooks who will find an in-world shop that does not protect itself against people rezzing items there.  A crook will then look for a vendor that sells high-priced items and rez a transparent prim in front of it -- a prim with his own script in it.  When you think you are clicking on the vendor, you are actually clicking on the crook's invisible prim and sending the money to him -- and getting nothing in return.  One way to see if that's what happened is to look carefully at the record in your Transaction History to see if the person you sent L$ to was really the merchant.  If not, he's not likely to send you a refund, since he doesn't have your money.  The best you can do is file a well-documented AR and hope that Linden Lab can track down the bad guy.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.