Saw " ______ _________ steals account" in chatbox ???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there:  was in an area talking to residents with the chatbox and all of a sudden after I had fallen "asleep" because my ISP connection crapped out, and returned to my viewer to see in the chatbox "______   _________ steals Irrek's account". 

I logged out, changed my password and tried to log back in with new password with no problem. I blocked that user. My L$ do not appear to be missing nor does my inventory. What's the deal –– does it mean nothing or was it a fake or tease or was this person actually hacking or attempting to hack into my account? I also cannot find the REPORT button on this resident to report the situation. Do I have to unblock them to do this? We are both members of the same "group" of the place of the occurrence. I guess I should expect more griefing? They already said in chat that they had another account. Can they see that I've blocked them? I guess it would be obvious when they couldn't chat to me, etc. 

Thank you! 

If it was in an IM it definitely came from them, if it was in local chat it could have been a scripted object that had the same name as the person. How that would appear will vary from client to client though. In my client text typed by an avatar shows up as white while text from a scripted object is a sort of pinkish purple color.

I am not saying that is what happened to you, just letting you and others know that it can happen.

OK––I guess I have limited amount of chat history and yakked it up afterwards so that time period is now gone, unless I just don't understand how to access it, so I don't remember if the color was different than the other or not but I would guess it wasn't. I just remember the italics and copying and pasting the line of chat into the notes section on the person's profile for future reference. 

Seems a weird prank:  1) didn't work as far as I can tell so what's the point  2) doesn't make any sense for a script to announce when bullies typically want to take credit for their pranks 

Anyway, thanks all for your feedback ;) 

It's not a prank... it's a joke.  Lots of people think it's funny to say you're doing things to someone's avatar while they're away.  They could have said, "stand's on Irrek's head," or, "pulls Irrek's pants down," or something just as harmlessly stupid as that to get a laugh out of the crowd.  In this case they said, "steals Irrek's account."  That's all there is to it.

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.