What can have caused this?

StilettoSara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don’t know what happened, but last two days when I try to adjust and set accessories  or editing and moving furnitures, they disappear as soon that I start to mark & drag them. And I don’t see, when I drag them, that they actually are moving. Not until after I close the tools and then I see it. I see the lines and the blue line is for where the item is located at moment. At least I think so.

What bad setting may I have at moment, causing this?

I am using Firestorm.

Hugggs Sara

That sux so bad.....ok we can go by sence of feeling but before this happened to ALL items it was just a very few items like some balls that acted like that. When you jumped upon em they didn't show as u moved em but next check u could see that they had moved........Now ALL things to like that siiiiigh

I hope that this soon will get fixed.

Hugggs Sara

I had that problem also of objects sinking into the ground and when I edit I could not rotate the object, but it was cleared up today. I don't think any setting in FS would cause this. There is a setting to rez objects in FS prefs under the FS tab > general settings to always rez objects under the land group if possible, but some land owners do not require your group tag to be active to rez anything.

I don't get this at all???

When I right click on one object and choose edit, then the item just shows as transparent with lines around  the item......Next thing happening is that when I then grab the item by the tools, well then the object turns 100 % invisible? and "you" have to guess WHERE it ends up?

StilettoSara wrote:

I don't get this at all???

When I right click on one object and choose edit, then the item just shows as transparent with lines around  the item......Next thing happening is that when I then grab the item by the tools, well then the object turns 100 % invisible? and "you" have to guess WHERE it ends up?

Use CTRL+ALT+D to being up the Advanced menu in the top menu bar

Advanced -> Highlighting & Visibility -> Hide selected -> Untick it  :smileywink:

• 2 weeks later...

Did you change viewers by any chance? I had an issue like that when i went back to the sl official viewer from using the firestorm ones for a long time. There were a few build/edit related things that were different between the viewers that drove me back to firestorm.

• 4 weeks later...

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

I feel your pain I cant rez anything in my home. Every where is is fine but in my home nada.. its annoying.

Do you have a mesh home? It's a known problem and has to do with the bounding box of the build. The work around is to rezz your furniture just outside while in edit  and use the arrows to move them to their place.

I hope this helps!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.