Comfortable in your new skin

Sephina Frostbite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i got mine from the market..i actually have a couple of them..

here are a couple of them out there..

i just use the search term.. skin tone layers

but make sure they are tattoo's and not clothing layers..

i would give a beter look than i did..i just grabbed the first two so you could see what they can do..

there may be better ones out there..

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SbM-Skin-Suntanner-All-Tones/4693624

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Pucks-Bodyshop-self-tanner/3401467

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

I have to agree with Susperia here.. I don't think any ads for SL items should be photoshopped. That highlights the skills in photoshop not their products. I use the "avatar optimized whiter" windlight setting for my pics. The only GIMP work i do is layering the info on the pic. Do most ads look better than mine, sure.. Do mine accurately show what the items will look like in SL.. most assuredly.

So do I.

I think the argument against her was looking at in from an extrme POV.

Disdain for photoshopped images does NOT mean you want the extreme 'lowest graphic settings' version instead.

But the image had better darn well be an actual Second Life image, or, if it ends up notably different from the advertisement, I'm going to report it with that little "Flag this item" button on marketplace. And if bought in world - maybe report it as fraud (that IS an AR category by the way).

Go ahead and windlight away, pose nicely, use a good scene, location, backdrop, and wear other nice things. But use Photoshop to outright lie to people, and you're asking for a bad repuation.

Unless you are selling filters or PSDs or something meant to be used in photoshop... leave that spicing it up out.

The place for photoshop on your adverts is putting on the logo, putting on the permissions for an inworld box, putting the name, and some other branding. But not making the product look different than it is.

But yes, people should demo things like skins before buying. I wouldn't buy it without a demo. And a lesson to a skin maker: don't use a lower rez image for the demo skin. If it looks blurry when I wear it, how do I know it won't when I wear the paid for version. Use things like writing 'DEMO' across the forhead, hands, feet, and some other obvious spots. Or one I saw with grid lines (BUT... they were so many I ended up unsure about buying... they hid the product too much).

- And... if you're selling skins meant for people who "play" in adult content... don't pixelate out the bits... (by contrast I've been starting to think that I would love it if I could buy some of my skins with a second 'PG version' that had the bits not colored in... so there's a marketing tip for any skin maker out there: include a 'PG version' in the box in addition to the regular - coul help some sales).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.