tracking grief scripts or hacked viewers?

Astrid Kaufmat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3952 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello

What I am writing for most of you ( least the ones who haven't seen it before) might sound like scifi romance or something like that.

I have seen , found and meet people who are able to track a resident and follow them on the grid. I have had such trolls doing this to me for a few .

I have also to say that:    I don't use third party viewers

I don't use RLV

I wear no scripted items/clothes

What I wear is just my layer clothes and no scripted hair.

The question is this how can they track avatars? is that some script? I see some spying **bleep**t on marketplace but I haven't dared to test them to know if that's really the item they use ( I won't support those lamers buying bs).

Could it be that people who use hacked viewewer can do this too? I see from youtube that they could rezz prims in simulators where the rezzing is disabled.

I suspect that it could be a lame viewer thatthey use. I suspect this hence the person doing this using her exercitus of alts ( that I know) is one who was able to do odd things by her viewer not possible for any standard legal viewer.

Any sugestion to stop this lame stuff?

Astrid Kaufmat wrote:

Hello

What I am writing for most of you ( least the ones who haven't seen it before) might sound like scifi romance or something like that.

I have seen , found and meet people who are able to track a resident and follow them on the grid. I have had such trolls doing this to me for a few .

I have also to say that:   
I don't use third party viewers

I don't use RLV

I wear no scripted items/clothes

What I wear is just my layer clothes and no scripted hair.

The question is this how can they track avatars? is that some
script
? I see some spying **bleep**t on marketplace but I haven't dared to test them to know if that's really the item they use ( I won't support those lamers buying bs).

Could it be that people who use
hacked viewewer
can do this too? I see from youtube that they could rezz prims in simulators where the rezzing is disabled.

I suspect that it could be a lame viewer thatthey use. I suspect this hence the person doing this using her exercitus of alts ( that I know) is one who was able to do odd things by her viewer not possible for any standard legal viewer.

Any sugestion to stop this lame stuff?

First thing I'd look at would be your "picks."

Second thing would be Alts of people who are familiar with your habits.  (A little harder to figure out).

If you go somewhere you've never been before and don't tell any one you are there, are they showing up at that location?  That would really make me scratch my head.

I am not going to say that the tracking can't be done with a hacked viewer but I've never seen it documented.  Every claim of tracking I have ever been involved with has turned out to be one of the two points I made above.

I suspect that it could be a lame viewer thatthey use.

You don't use third-party viewers so this doesn't apply to you, but had you meant the viewer the victim is using, that's very possible indeed.

Meaning instead some evil viewer used by the perpetrator: Very unlikely. As remote a possibility as that is, it's still much more likely than anything script-related. Either way, it would have to be exploiting a vulnerability exposed by the servers (and the servers expose much more to viewers than to scripts), and all that, in turn, is vanishingly less likely than some simple social-engineering (picks, alts, groups, all that jazz).

All that said, if I were forced to venture into bat country, I'd turn off voice before worrying about somebody else's viewer.

I can not say i have ever had this problem. If it as you say Lindens can track the script or grifer.

In your contacts list you are able to check  the tracker box for friends,  you have not got that checked becouse if it is people can find you on the map

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3952 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.