Still some things I don't get clever about!

StilettoSara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have soon been a member of 2nd Life for one year and I love it so much :)

Each day I learn something new and it just get more n more fun the more you understand.

2 things I can't figuring out tho, are the following things:

• When I started here my Nails I placed (Wear) ended up like 1-3 centimeters from my fingers (they still do). I learned as well that all depends on which pose stand I am at, of how it's shown and so. I have good posestands and some are good for setting the nails placements, while others are perfect for setting heels etc. Anyway, I have my hands set at 30 in size and most nails support 10, 20 and 30 for hand size. I have also seen ones that support size 40. Well, all these Nails have most often the so called "gloves" and ppl have told me to just wear those gloves and then the nails will fit perfectly. As I read about it myself it has to do with matching tones of hands and such. Well I dunno? All these nails will not fit my hands. Instead I was lucky to find a nail creator/seller, that make her nails modify. Then I noticed that the one stand I have show the nails exactly how they will look on my hands after clicking stand and leaving the pose stand. Other pose stands don't do that, of those I have so far. The thing with these kind of nails that are modify, is that I can set nail by nail and also the rings on my hands coming with them, one by one at the time. Okay this is so lucky this creator excists, because without her, I would have been forced to skip nails.

Now my question is. Does anyone know of what I might doing wrong here. I would have love, if it had been that easy to just buy a good set of nails, wearing em and that's it "done" and have em good matched in just one click. I have tried to select face as well to be able to move one nail at the time but no, that doesn't work with the common nails.

• The other thing I am wondering a lot of, is the following: Some week ago I got a new home and got me a new smaller rental. Start point at that place is now happen to be placed just under the one part of the house that aren't attached to the ground. I have from different places in my home sat landmarks to be able to faster reach right area at my home. I sat a point in my home and saved it as my "TAKE ME HOME LM". It works that way when I log on I will be sent there when I log on. But if I am out in World using the option "TAKE ME HOME" I will end up at that very spot under the house and NOT where I decided it should be. Well then if I am at another scene and either by menu choose HOME or any of the different LM's for the home I will first end up UNDER my house ;) And then next time I click the created LM I choose, it will first then take me to the right spot I created as a landing spot. WHY can't I land at the created LM first time? And why does it work as soon I click it again?

Thankful  for all good suggestions.

HUGS!!!

Best Regards: Sara

On nails, I have these nails, you don't have to size them, they're rigged mesh and fit no matter your hand size. I've tried others but these are by far the best I've found.  With others it's easiest for me to edit them while in your aos stands, so that your fingers are already where they're going to natually be. If you have a hard time clicking them for the moving around, just right click the worn item in your inventory, you can choose edit from there. 

On LMs, on your about land, check to make sure you don't have the specific tp point checked. I'm not inworld atm, so can't tell you exactly where that is, but it will mess up any LMs you try to make away from the original one. 

The "Set home position" I can't help you with. Hopefully some others can.

The nails though, they should not need to be modified at all if you make sure you buy size 30 that fits your hands. I am not sure why you feel you need to adjust them further? The posestand animation that forces your fingers to spread wide open is probably loaded with a animation that shouldn't be used. I would delete those posestands. The wide spread fingers is an SL glitch that is persistent and will occur again. Hopefully not often if you use good nails. The best nails is sold with a script that locks the fingers in a natural way where the nails is placed and keep them there. Can you link to the nails that don't work? You bought them on the marketplace? I have used these nails and they work well for me: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PM-Sculpted-Nails-Platinum-Edition-V2-Gloss/43088 I use mesh hands with built in nails now, but you should perhaps try mesh nails: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PMPixel-Mode-Diamond-Editon-Mesh-Nails/4386735 No resizing, no adjustment!

Even with these good nails, sometimes SL acts up and forces your fingers out in a spread fingers pose and the nails can float around. That will fix itself next time you log in. A gesture like this will work in most cases if you can't relog: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Schoen-Hand-reset-gesture/2115033

The gloves ppl talk about is gloves with nail color painted on. These are crude since the fingertips is barely a few pixels and hopeless to get a clean nice nail painted on. You can not get long nails with this either. Other gloves that are included with prim nails can be used to hide the default painted on nails on your skin. Sometimes they will show under your prim nails. If ou wear one of those, you must edit them to match your skin, unless you are lucky and some common skintones is included.

This is like a long process, so I quit using nails and use mesh hands with appliers. Try to search the marketplace for Slink Avatar Enhancement and see what I mean, or read about it here: http://juicybomb.com/2013/04/14/slink-avatar-enhancement-hands/

Well I hope this will work.....For HOME and TP home I had first to set the landingpoint to (none) in prefs _> General ->About land.....

I am aware of that Nails are shown very diff with diff. viewers too. No I don't want to set the Nails more than just add em...But since 99 % of all Nails i put on stay like 3 cm's from my fingers the soloution was to get those one that I can modify each Nail at a time.....the others i can't move but these i can.....and only one pose stand shows exactly how it will look after I have placed em to fit. I will when i have toime look a lil deeper into what u have written AND ty for ur replies.

HUGS / SARA

StilettoSara wrote:

• The other thing I am wondering a lot of, is the following: Some week ago I got a new home and got me a new smaller rental. Start point at that place is now happen to be placed just under the one part of the house that aren't attached to the ground. I have from different places in my home sat landmarks to be able to faster reach right area at my home. I sat a point in my home and saved it as my "TAKE ME HOME LM". It works that way when I log on I will be sent there when I log on. But if I am out in World using the option "TAKE ME HOME" I will end up at that very spot under the house and NOT where I decided it should be. Well then if I am at another scene and either by menu choose HOME or any of the different LM's for the home I will first end up UNDER my house
    ;)
    And then next time I click the created LM I choose, it will first then take me to the right spot I created as a landing spot. WHY can't I land at the created LM first time? And why does it work as soon I click it again?

Sounds like you have that set as your landing point, which means anytime you tp there from somewhere else, that's where you'll land.  It's very easy to fix if you own the land... if you're renting, you might have to ask your landlord to do it, because you might not be able to access it yourself.

Go to About Land, under Options you'll see "Landing Point:" then three numbers separated by commas.  There will be two buttons nearby, one says "Set" and the other one says "Clear"... press the Clear one and, where the three numbers were, it should now say "(none)".  You might also want to set Teleport Routing to "Anywhere".

...Dres

StilettoSara wrote:

Well I hope this will work.....For HOME and TP home I had first to set the landingpoint to (none) in prefs _> General ->About land.....

I am aware of that Nails are shown very diff with diff. viewers too. No I don't want to set the Nails more than just add em...But since 99 % of all Nails i put on stay like 3 cm's from my fingers the soloution was to get those one that I can modify each Nail at a time.....the others i can't move but these i can.....and only one pose stand shows exactly how it will look after I have placed em to fit. I will when i have toime look a lil deeper into what u have written AND ty for ur replies.

HUGS / SARA

That is really strange, I haven't had nails floating over the hand when I put them om, and I have done some shopping over the years? I think the problem must be where you shop. Some creators in SL really aren't good with their work. I have bought nails from the ones I mention in my first reply, and from Sexy Mamas, Mandala, Leverocci and TGIS and many more who was a Marketplace promo and who I can't remember.

I used plenty viewers too. The official, Phoenix, Firestorm, Cool, Nirans and others. I can't remember that I had to edit nails when changing viewers. EDIT: You mean you see something and others on other viewers see it different? That is hard to do something with. 

The fingers spread out is usually an error that happens when I change from pose to pose when I'm taking pictures of myself. I use some photostudios and I start to recognize some old poses where that happens more often, I wonder if it can be the animation override you use? 

EDIT again: I read that ppl has been complaining about it since 2005 and it still happens. LOL, it is SL for you. I must haave been lucky with the combination of AO and nails I bought. As said... it happened to me when I play animations over and over and then the hands can be spread out in the starfish pose. This is the old problem that LL or Third Party Viewers can't fix.  Not had problems when putting them on.

I mostly go by nails recommended from fashion bloggers, or ones who got good reviews on the Marketplace.

StilettoSara wrote:

You're so right there ...sorry for messing it up i was just so happy when i was told of how to do so when i typed it down i was more or less like Dizzy in mind ....But yes that is as u say in About Land---> options
:)

Hugggs Sara

I'm just glad you got it fixed, hopefully you'll be able to get your nail thing fixed as well... that's something of which I know absolutely nothing.

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.