Whenever I right click something in the newest Second Life viewer, my viewer crashes

kawaiineko123

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3989 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've seen this happen to a few other people, but all of them said it was a computer. I went through all the steps they went through to fix their problem, but it doesn't work with mine (mainly because it's not a computer problem, but a viewer problem for me). I can't find anything on right clicks crashing the viewer, because of something in viewer.... But it's happened to me, and it's making it REALLY hard to get in-world... Can anybody help me out?

3 answers to this question

kawaiineko123,

Mouse interaction [right-mouse click] is a level 1 activity tied to your video driver & operating system. So 3 possibilities come to mind:

1) Make sure you have the current Mouse Device drivers downloaded and installed [e.g Logitec, Microsoft, etc.]

2) Locate the most current Video Drivers for your PC Graphics System and install them.

3) Make sure that your OS patches are all applied.

It seems unlikely to be the viewer, but it should be easy enough to find out, as Lindal suggested.  If it does turn out to be the viewer, though, the first thing to do is a clean re-install.  That involves more than just using your Windows uility to delete the program from your computer, because there are lots of hidden files that may have been corrupted.  Do it right.  Instructions are here >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3989 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.