You can now use paypal to buy adult content on the marketplace

Couldbe Yue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Unless they've changed their ToS lately (unlikely but possible), paypal doesn't allow that.

I'd like the option to turn it off for my items.  LL may be comfortable with it but I'm not and unless things have changed, after LLs conversion of the USD to Linden fees and everything else they can apply, they end up taking far more than the 5% commission. I'm already subsidising them through holding a regions worth of tier for my shops that doesn't pay its way anymore so them putting their hand in my wallet even more is distasteful.

Couldbe Yue wrote:

Unless they've changed their ToS lately (unlikely but possible), paypal doesn't allow that.

I'd like the option to turn it off for my items.  LL may be comfortable with it but I'm not and unless things have changed, after LLs conversion of the USD to Linden fees and everything else they can apply, they end up taking far more than the 5% commission. I'm already subsidising them through holding a regions worth of tier for my shops that doesn't pay its way anymore so them putting their hand in my wallet even more is distasteful.

I'm slightly confused here.

Exactly what in the Pay Pal TOS doesn't allow buying exactly what?

EBay has a whole "adult only" section one can use PayPal on all day long.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Paypal never had a blanket ban on adult stuff. They do have a ban on "certain sexually oriented materials or services" but that only means you ask them first if the kind of thing you're selling is OK. LL has a very active relationship with Paypal and a hyper-paranoid legal department, it's not even a question if they checked.

Viktoria Dovgal wrote:

Heh, where've you been? It's been that way since they switched the front from Xstreet to Marketplace, and it's already due to change next week.

you can see how much attention I've paid lately!  Although I'm sure the last time I checked which I'm sure was only a few months ago, if I had something adult in the basket it didn't offer paypal as a payment option.  Which was fine by me.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Couldbe Yue wrote:

does it?  I have to say I've not seen it..  although sometimes my (what should be pg) searches turn up bondage stuff advertised as "theatre props"  o.O

Couldbe Yue wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Couldbe Yue wrote:

does it?  I have to say I've not seen it..  although sometimes my (what should be pg) searches turn up bondage stuff advertised as "theatre props" 
o.O

sometimes the most innocent search terms can turn up the most interesting things

some people's brains really do go where no brain has gone before

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

I suppose under the new payment system, if you order a couch by credit card and get a merkin instead, at least you'll be able to do a chargeback.

from what I remember of the way that LL responded to chargebacks in the past (LL used to suspend accounts until they cancelled the chargeback iirc), we should probably brace for a flood of distressed people or not.  I doubt anyone who actually uses sl would use paypal to purchase, just because it's expensive compared to bringing the lindens in and buying.

Has anyone actually had a paypal payment?  I had one years ago, back when it was SLX and nothing since.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.