My avi skin on the inner arms is ruined since the last viewer update

Natalia280

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since the last update of the viewer with the  gamma correction, not only all the view changed for me and became different colors , brightness and became sharper ( sea, sky, plants. sun ) ...it's too sharp...and different.

But since yesterday i only noticed what happened to my avi skin on the inner arms. where is the connection between the front texture of the skin and the back one...suddenly i see there line which is very noticeable, and from both sides of the line which cross the arm, so the front side is lighter skin and the back is darker... which looks so bad and not natural....not the look i wanna be with ... but i saw it fine before this update....

I tried everything. clearing cache, reintall viewer, removing alpha and tattoo layers...rebaking alot on quiet regions ,,,wear other skin and the back to this one...but nothing helps. i noticed that even with many other skins i also see it with this problem , and only with a few i see it fine...

Someone told me that maybe because the sharpness became so high after the gamma correction .  then this is shown too on the skin and very noticeable...

I m really picky with skins and like that one and don't wanna change it..i m with it for so many months...and only some other skins which i don't like at all didn't have that problem....

What can i do to fix it? or maybe it will be fixed in the future ? maybe i m  overreacting, but i really hate how it looks now, and skin look is important for me.....

any answer will be helpful...thanks...

I know you tried rebaking several times, but are you sure the bakes were successful? I mean, did the skin appear to be rezzed in full detail, other than those front / back seams?  (I ask because those seams are pretty much always apparent when a skin isn't fully rezzed.)

If it is just the viewer update -- I hate to say this -- lots of people for a long time have been seeing your skin the way you're now seeing it. You may want to check with some other people... get them to take snapshots and see what they're seeing. I suspect the skin(s) you liked before will turn out to have been not very well made all along.

(It's also certainly possible that there could be an obscure bug in the new viewer. Just yesterday, for example, I finally figured out what caused one avatar to appear to be wearing a kind of invisiprim halo and neko ears: they were fully transparent eyebrows at some extreme settings, which somehow makes the current crop of viewers hids all alpha textures behind them.)

You may be running into a computer problem. Google how to setup color and gamma on your computer. How your computer is setup, your monitor, and SL all combine to create the image you see.

The viewer has changed and it may just be revealing a poor computer setup. If that is the case you'll have a hard time telling what others are seeing, even when they send you pictures.

If you video system is out of whack it is like wearing colored glasses. Everything looks to be the color of the glasses. 

And Qui may be right. You may just be seeing a poorly made skin as it is for the first time.

The install may also have turned on the Advanced Lighting Model. That will create a drastic change in what you see. Try going into Preferences->Graphics and turning off or on the ALM.

You can also look at the Debug Settings and change some of the video settings to get an image you like.

I don't think it's a computer or monitor , because i have a new one....maybe it is poorly made skin which i just noticed it now more....after the update...as for now i still have this problem but will try what you adviced.. thank you both for helping :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.