looking for Left arm Alpha layer

Beloventh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi~ , does anyone know or have an alpha layer that is from the shoulder down past the finger tips? essentially a whole missing left arm.

i purchased demon arms hoping it would come with seperate alphas but it only comes with both left and right combined.

if anyone has one please IM me inworld~!

thanks!

go old school. like the old school shoes before alpha layers that is. if you know how to build basics you make a prim to fit the space and make that prim alpha. they were called invsi prims on the old school products. you would then wear that prim on the same attachment point as the arm and would have to add the arm after so you have both items attached at the same spot.

if that all works out well and the arm is modifiable and your more than a beginner with build and edit stuff you can add the new prim to the link set.....***make a copy first*****do not start editing the bought product before making a copy***

with them linked you wouldn't have to worry about having a viewer that allows more than one object attached to a point.

if you have some of the old school made shoes you can wear one with its invisy prim and get a better idea of what i am suggesting. if not you may be able to still get some on marketplace to help you get the settings etc right on the invisy prim.

TishaRogue wrote:

go old school. like the old school shoes before alpha layers that is. if you know how to build basics you make a prim to fit the space and make that prim alpha. they were called invsi prims on the old school products. you would then wear that prim on the same attachment point as the arm and would have to add the arm after so you have both items attached at the same spot.

if that all works out well and the arm is modifiable and your more than a beginner with build and edit stuff you can add the new prim to the link set.....***make a copy first*****do not start editing the bought product before making a copy***

with them linked you wouldn't have to worry about having a viewer that allows more than one object attached to a point.

if you have some of the old school made shoes you can wear one with its invisy prim and get a better idea of what i am suggesting. if not you may be able to still get some on marketplace to help you get the settings etc right on the invisy prim.

All good advice as far as it goes, but invisiprims are effectively broken for anyone using Advanced Lighting (deferred rendering).

eta: I noticed you also don't understand how invisiprims are created... you don't just set them to alpha. In fact, setting an invisiprim to anything but fully opaque will stop it from working. Better information, and explanations how they work and why deferred rendering breaks them, can be found here.

You will need to alpha out both arms and use prims to re-create the arm that is not missing. If it's just a hand you can get some good mesh hands, but I don't believe anyone has done whole arms (yet). There are sculpted ones though (one of my alts has a missing arm and his "good" arm is a sculpt from Chakra Nova).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.