what to chose for my store: A group or newsletter subscription?

BadEddy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3975 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you have to chose one, what do you think is best to stay in contact with clients? Offering them to join an update group from which they will receive notices or a newsletter subscription from which they will receive NC?

A group for sure. People like to feel involved, and with a group not only can you give them notices and talk in group but they can also open a group chat too. Allowing them to discuss your product with other users or you yourself.
Albeit usually people offer both, since a lot of active users have full groups and need a subscription to stay updated.

I'd do both.  Some people don't have group space but would be interested in new releases and news.  Personally, I don't want to get all the chat  and notices interrupting my day from a store group..  I prefer a notecard that I can read at my leisure.  I've joined groups for stores I like, but ending up leaving the group because its too spammy or too many people chatting about about things I don't care about.

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

I think it depends on the kind of products you sell and the type of customer you aim to reach.

For cYo I have newsletter subscription only. But what I would prefer even more for my customers is an option on marketplace to follow this merchant.

LOVE LOVE LOVE that idea. I'd love it for some of my favorite merchants too. Very awesome idea.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3975 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.