ARE THE RADIO STATIONS REWORKED

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

THERE NEVER USED TO BE THE HOME DEPOT ADVERTISING WHENEVER WE TELEPORT SOMEWHERE, IT'S GETTING ANNOYING, ANYONE ELSE FEELING THE SAME WAY, COULD THIS ANNOYANCE BE THE CAUSE OF LESS TRAFFIC ALSO IF THE MUSIC STOPS NATURAL REACTION WE CLICK THAT PLAY ICON AND THE ADVERTISING COMES UP. SO IF WE TELEPORT SOMEWHERE THE AD COMES UP IF THE MUSIC STOPS AND WE HIT THE PLAY ICON THE AD COMES UP

The radio stations are independent from SL.  Each parcel/sim owner chooses his own stream.  If the stream they choose has ads, then yes you are going to hear them.  I use SomaFM.  Every once in a while they do a self-promo.  There is no conspiracy here against traffic.  And yes, tone it down a little please...

HarleyRainn wrote:

THERE NEVER USED TO BE THE HOME DEPOT ADVERTISING WHENEVER WE TELEPORT SOMEWHERE, IT'S GETTING ANNOYING, ANYONE ELSE FEELING THE SAME WAY, COULD THIS ANNOYANCE BE THE CAUSE OF LESS TRAFFIC ALSO IF THE MUSIC STOPS NATURAL REACTION WE CLICK THAT PLAY ICON AND THE ADVERTISING COMES UP. SO IF WE TELEPORT SOMEWHERE THE AD COMES UP IF THE MUSIC STOPS AND WE HIT THE PLAY ICON THE AD COMES UP

Haha. I wanted to check this myself, so I enabled streams and all and then searched for  Home Depot Sims, only to find out that Home Depot is some sort of shop in RL and not an SL Location.....

Anyways, I did not experience your  'issue' to the places I teleported to, so I guess it is up to the owners of the sims you frequent and their choice of streams/servers. Not something you can blame LL for then.

Christin73 wrote:

Thank you LLs. NOT!

I can't tell if you're being serious and blaming the lab, or just a smartass, lol.

Either way, and this addresses the OP too, the lab has no control over the radio stations. They are completely independent and it's up to their owners to decide if they want to let you listen for free without ads, or not.

Although sl, itself, does play a bit of a role in why stations have ads. It's because we're all listening for free and not paying for the servers the streams are hosted on. Money for that has to come from somewhere, just like most tv and radio stations. If it weren't for sl some of the stations wouldn't get the high(er) traffic they do, and wouldn't need to pay for it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.