Mesh questions?

Suspiria Finucane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Last night I was performance checking my latest SLI rig and decided to look at some animations. I’m not a shopper per se but when I am, I cam shop as opposed to walk around. While shopping, an avatar stopped in front of my cam. Not their fault of course as they didn’t know I was doing it.

What caught my eye was I could see through the avatar. I wasn’t quick enough to get a snapshot then but I did manage to pan fast enough to get one pic before the avatar tp’ed out.

After viewing the image below, several questions came to mind. These may be complex or perhaps the answers will be so here goes…

1. It appears that the top is mesh and there is an alpha layer hence being able to see through the av. However if you look closely at the top of the breast, you will see a square edge perhaps indicating prim or mesh breasts. If so how could I see through them? (I suppose the settings could be extreme for the mesh frame.)

2. Not being a mesh clothing wearer, I don’t know the exact sequence a wearer has to go through. My question is; how could someone wear this so incorrectly or is it worn incorrectly?  Perhaps the fitting quality is poor?

3. The top deficiencies seem glaringly obvious but I wondered how a person could not see this when adding it to their outfit. Is it possible I have a wrong setting on my viewer (the latest LL version) or that the person wearing it does?

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS All of my graphic settings are on ultra and in advanced the highest possible.

badmesh.png

What it looks like to me, Suspiria, is that the avatar is wearing the wrong size of the mesh top, for her body shape.  It looks like she's wearing the small size, and she needs to be wearing the medium.  What probably happened is that she got everything looking good when she first purchased that top and decided that she needed the medium size.  Then, this time, she accidently clicked on the small size and wore it instead, and didn't realize it.  

That would account for the medium size alpha layer, and the ability to see through her above the top of her top.  One thing I've learned about SL avatars is that not everybody swings their camera around to check themselves before they teleport out of their house to do other things.  I've had to tell many guys over the years that their tallywhacker is hangin out because they forgot to turn it off, or detach it.  LOL!

Same thing here.  She just wore the wrong size.  At least that's what it looks like to ME. :)

I'm not a big mesh fan and the fitting is one reason. I will make very minor changes to my shape for mesh and save another copy of my shape, but some changes needed to make mesh fit is more than I will do.

It looks to me that her breast slider is to high for that top and like Marcus said the top is to small for her. I would also say the alpha is to big and I see that a lot, that void between the mesh item and the avatar. Most of the time its smaller than what you have shown.

But my question is whats up with her arms, it looks like they are detaching. The alpha from what must be mesh hands is not fitting also.

I think you found someone that is testing the fit of several items at once, and like a lot of mesh, its not working.

I have found a couple of stores that I can buy mesh from that just fits. Some I do not even need the alpha with. But I buy so little that when I do, it needs to fit exactly and have options, like a HUD for color change or texture change.

I believe it is a simple matter of wearing the incorrect size of the top.  She may be wearing small when what she really needs is medium.  Mesh breasts need an applier and it does not appear that she is wearing mesh breasts because there would not be an open gap like that.

These things happen.  That is why it is helpful to check oneself before leaving home.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.