Linden Lab Policies on Spam?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3982 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been receiving unsolicited bulk messages, especially advertising from 2 particularly sources in my e-mail box, at regular basis, for a while now.

I am not happy with it, and I have already tried to contact the senders, without sucess. I have also muted both objects from where the spam has been sent.

Yes, I have contcted Linden Lab support, but they did nothing!

As I have completely failed to deal with it, I come here to share it with you -- perhaps someone can help me!

Thank you!

Lilly Figgis wrote:

I have been receiving unsolicited bulk messages, especially advertising from 2 particularly sources in my e-mail box, at regular basis, for a while now.

I am not happy with it, and I have already tried to contact the senders, without sucess. I have also muted both objects from where the spam has been sent.

Yes, I have contcted Linden Lab support, but they did nothing!

As I have completely failed to deal with it, I come here to share it with you -- perhaps someone can help me!

Thank you!

"Spam" does violate the TOS but I also suspect it sits low on the priority list for LL to deal with.

I don't know if the system is still glitching but about a year ago several of us looked into this.  When you mute/block an object it is also supposed to mute/block the sender, but it wasn't working that way.

What did work was to open the senders profile and mute them there.  Even if their profile shows them muted, unmute and remute there.

At the time this worked for those of us who were having trouble with the spam and I hope this works for you.

Hi,Lilly

Actually spam is rerally another plague. what you did sadly is the only thing you could have done.

I also don't like lately some objects sending spam and asking to unsubscribe to go to an external site.

I tell you my experience I had this with a quite notorious resident who ( I don't know why I don't know how) added me into his spam list.

I never subscribed anything from his store, I didn't knew his store either, I didn't buy anything from him (not the kind of articles that I would have bought either though).

However that pity message caming from the object wasn't stoppable I IM the owner and said "hey stop this spam or I make a list long like the Route 64" of reports for spam

He said that he wasn't able to delete me from the list  (0.o that's even more a pity thing)

and that I had to touch a link and connect to a private site hosted on a private server (judging by the adress) to do it

Which is not a nice thing to do nor a nice answer.

Of course I don't risk to get on wild sites that can contain any treath so I just muted the object and it seemed to work.

Try to do the same mute the owner, mute his/her objects and if from the spam message you got you can find the store adress, go there try to locate ( if it's there ) the object that sends the spam and mute it too.

if that object asks you to connect to external sites don't do it for any reasons justmute mute mute.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3982 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.