Small Town Sim Discussion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I feel like talking about a small town sim. I've been to alot of place in SL in my years here. The best places I enjoy going to are the ones that have a small town vibe to them. Might be because in real life I have gone to alot of small towns. Who knows =). 

Any ways, I think there should be more of them around. Be great friendly places to go to. Great community can be built on it to make it more enjoyable like with anything else. I would like to hear what others think about this kind of theme for a sim. 

Or many of the Victorian/Steampunk Sims.  Both Caledon and Mieville have residential sims, complete with parks, common meeting areas, etc.  I'm sure there are more; these are just the ones I've been to.

Actually some of the "Old World" sims like Shermerville look very much like suburban neighborhoods.

One of the (many) ideas for sims I have is a nice old fashioned historical town.

Nothing special, just a church, a pub, a corner shop and some houses around a square.

A quiet place, with birds and fields etc.

Just nice to live.

But of course with me, it would be a town from the past.

A lot of places I've visited in SL have a small town look and feel. For one thing, unless multiple sims are occupied they really ARE small towns just because there's not enough real estate to put up large numbers of buildings. Bay City has been mentioned already and fits that category very well. I know Jewel suggested it would be better without the commerce, but commerce is a major factor in small towns in RL. It's why most of them were started (I live in the US, so I am only speaking of things here—obviously in other parts of the world there are towns that have existed for thousands of years).

I too like small towns. 'Like' might not even be a strong enough word. I currently live in a rural area but have lived the bulk of my life in small towns. On my trips I always seek out the small towns. There is nothing that pleases me more than to find an energetic little town with a five or six block long downtown and discover there's not a McDonald's to be found.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.