HOW DO I PUT WATER INSIDE THE POOL IN MY HOUSE?

AnDreWiser

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I HAVE A HOME (MEADOWBROOK--OUTLOOK TYPE HOME) AND IT SUPPOSE TO HAVE AN INSIDE SMALL POOL,BUT THE SPOT WHERE THE POOL SHOULD BE ONLY LOOKS LIKE A STONE INLAID SPOT ON THE FLOOR. THERE IS NO WATER THERE. I'M THINKING IF THE DESCRITPION OF THE HOUSE SAYS IT'S SUPPOSE TO HAVE AN POOL INSIDE,THAT THERE SHOULD BE WATER IN THE POOL.

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

There are two kinds of water in SL.  There is Linden Water, which is always at the same level over an entire sim, like the water table under your home in RL.  That's the water we see in lakes and in the Great World Ocean, and it's what you would find if you could dig a hole on your land.  Any other water is fake, PRIM water.  You can make it very easily by rezzing a prim, shaping it to fit your pool or bucket, giving it phantom attributes, and adding one of the water textures that are in the Library >>> Textures >>> Waterfall folder in your inventory (or another water texture that you create or buy). There are other, more advanced tricks to make your water move.  If your pool does not have water in it, that's a good starter project.  You could even go shopping for a fountain to put in the pool, or create one.

• Like 1

You use the Home Control Panel to go onto the web site and change the pool or whatever other part of the house that the panel allows.  There is an option for water, I'm sure.  I have a different style home that has an outdoor patio with a pool area.  I have place a couple of poses for floating and one for sitting on the edge of the pool and splashing my feet in it.

A little creativity goes a long way toward believability!

:matte-motes-sunglasses-2:

Enjoy!

This topic came up a few years ago when the Linden Homes were initially released and I'm sure since then too. The pools are not pools in that they actually have prim water in them and neither can you put prim water in them yourself as they are just very thin solid prims a few cm thick with a water texture by default. You can change the texture to grass or gravel or a couple of others if you so wish via the control panel. You can add poses and pretend you are floating or dangling your feet in the water but all you are doing is floating on or dangling your feet in a very thin solid prim because there is no prim water. If you want a pool or hot tub, you will have to buy one (or find a freebie) with prim water and place it on the patio or inside of your house.

Pool_002.jpg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.