What Now?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To answer the question in your original post... the new ToS won't cause me to do anything different. For some years I've been letting the store wind down. In the process I went from a sim, to half a sim, to a quarter sim, and now I've just squeezed the store into an eighth of a sim (8k) and I'll abandon the other eighth in a few days time, just before my billing date. So the ToS makes no difference to me at all.

I don't see that the new ToS makes any difference to you either. As far as I know, you don't receive L$ for anything such as sales or rent, so it will all stay exactly the same for you. Or maybe you do rent some land out. If I were in your shoes, I'd leave things exactly as they are and see how it all pans out. Somebody posted that LL are trying to come up with ways for those who cannot now buy L$ to actually buy them, so the problems that some people currently have may be quite short-lived.

You did mention your RL finances in the OP. The ToS doesn't make any difference there and your best bet is to only pay in as much as you can afford to pay in and, if that means getting rid of some land, do it. You'll still have some to see if you can sell stuff if you fancy having a go at that.

To be honest, I don't see that you have a problem that you wouldn't have had if the ToS hadn't changed.

Note: I do remember saying to you, some years ago, that you could capitalise on all the traffic you had with the changing rooms. If you'd done something then, you might even have got a flourishing business going, and RL finances may not now have had any significance at all :smileytongue:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was excellent advice Phil, but I can't make stuff and so I didn't think it would go.

You're right in the rest of your post as well...and that's what I will do for now. Wait and see, and try to pare down where I can. 

I do love being on my SL land when I am in SL, it's just difficult to let go of that...I keep thinking things will turn around RL.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.