Why Linden Lab will not get my money anymore.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Maki Guyot wrote:

If any Linden Lab employee is reading this; you're pushing your userbase away with your constant changes. You're effectively pushing your product on the road to bankruptcy.

Have fun with it. I'll just sit on the sidelines and watch the ship sink. You clearly don't want my business.

There is an angle you might not have considered: LL is indeed allowing older residents to drop out of SL without worrying about the losses, possibly even encouraging us to leave.

Why? Because we are used to the old Linden culture, we feel like residents, and we expect to be treated like residents.

That is not what LL wants anymore, in my opinion. I believe they want "players", not "residents". Residents demand too many rights, making them too difficult to support, and they no longer have the staff for such support. They are hanging their hat on the successful conversion of SL from a virtual world to a gaming platform (again, in my opinion).

They already lost the vast majority of my money. My tier + advertising was $350USD/month at one point. Now is it $8USD/month. Just as in your case, they made it clear that they don't care one bit about that loss:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mainland/Farewell-Dobinson/m-p/1528457

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.