New Belleza Skin Defected? Help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First off, I already sent a NC about this to one of the support persons for belleza skins.

Anyhow, I just literally got this skin about 2 days ago, maybe not even that long and it has already got defected and I have only ever had this happen like once.   I was playing paintball earlier, put on a  rabbit mesh costume and my skin kinda screwed up, like   the top half which is the body and arms look noobie like, the face, neck, pelvis and down look normal, so yeah.

I have already tried rebaking, I have ran a character test multiple times, even tried the SL viewer and to no avail, it's still messed up. I can switch to my older skin and it's normal and other skins, but not this new one.

To be more specific with the character test, I turned into a noob, took all the clothes off, and everything else and just added the new skin but it didn't work,. I relogged and added the new skin and it worked for a second like it turned noobie, then normal then back to noobie, one time  it was normal for a min or two until i added some clothes, then it messed up. 

So is there anything else i could try?  Heck all the copies I made are corrupted as well...

Replying back to myself.

I kinda got the problem fixed, and kinda don't.

I was wearing mesh pants with a alpha called "alpha with full feet".  When i apply that alpha, my top goes noobie, weird because it didnt the day before, and also weird because just the alpha one works but the one that is full body+feet got defected? It did these for both of my Xplosion jeans I got.

Scooby Mode wrote:

First off, I already sent a NC about this to one of the support persons for belleza skins.

Anyhow, I just literally got this skin about 2 days ago, maybe not even that long and it has already got defected and I have only ever had this happen like once.   I was playing paintball earlier, put on a  rabbit mesh costume and my skin kinda screwed up, like   the top half which is the body and arms look noobie like, the face, neck, pelvis and down look normal, so yeah.

I have already tried rebaking, I have ran a character test multiple times, even tried the SL viewer and to no avail, it's still messed up. I can switch to my older skin and it's normal and other skins, but not this new one.

To be more specific with the character test, I turned into a noob, took all the clothes off, and everything else and just added the new skin but it didn't work,. I relogged and added the new skin and it worked for a second like it turned noobie, then normal then back to noobie, one time  it was normal for a min or two until i added some clothes, then it messed up. 

So is there anything else i could try?  Heck all the copies I made are corrupted as well...

What viewer are you using? There are two different image-decoding protocols used in SL - the LL viewer and Firestorm use a system called KDU from a company called Kakadu which requires them to pay a license, and most others use OpenJPG which doesn't need a license but seems less reliable. I've encountered textures that appear corrupt in one viewer, including all the copies I make of it, but which display fine in other viewers, especially if they use the other image protocol..

Are you wearing tattoo layers?  There's a known bug regarding avatar appearance related to that.  The cure is to not wear more than two.  The workaround is to add them one at a time.

If I were dealing with this problem, I would first remove all clothing and attachments except skin, shape, eyes and scalp.  Then I would replace each of those with a different one.  Then I would don the skin you are having problems with.

As Pamela said, it's not the skin, but something causing it to be rendered incorrectly.

Try taking all of your clothing and attachments off and putting them back on. Sometimes one of my tattoo layers will bug and cause everything on that part of the body to not change (and sometimes my entire body). I can put on and take off as many things as I want but it won't update until I take off that tattoo layer. Then I put it back on and everything (including said tattoo layer) works fine again.

I would recommend trying that. Just open your outfits window, go to the wearing tab, highlight everything, right-click and take off/detach.

Kenbro Utu wrote:

LepreKhaun wrote:

No need to worry about talking to yourself unless you start answering...

I always say talking to yourself is okay, answering yourself is okay, but if you start arguing with yourself you need help...

I must introduce you to Maddy. She's taken that whole concept to a level few can even imagine.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.