how do I get my inventory to fully load?

Shuandra Winger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i have a verry large inventory last i saw it was 144,000 but now recently only 34,315 of it will load :(

how do i get it to fully load , i have allot fo exepense i have put into my inventory  clothes, hair, shoes that i will not ever delete because ive spent lots of money to make my avitar look good and now it seems to be all almost gone  :(* just wants to make me cry , im frustrated ive tried everything to get it to load , ive updated the sl viewer now i cant log in through that viewer it gets stuck, firestorm only loads to 34k and singularity viewer  will at least load to 89,607.

help i want all my clothes ,hair  and shoes back!  i want my inventory to fully load  :/  this is a new problem thats just come up with thin this past week since new  updates.

thank you  for reading this and in advace for any help that is much appreciated.

shuandra winger

7 answers to this question

Go to an underwater no lag place such as Pooley or Furball. Type anything in your inventory search bar. Do not move, do not teleport, stay right here until your inventory fully repopulates. Until "fetching" is over, do not raise a finger. An inventory such as yours may take quite a long time to load. Dunno what time it is for you, but I would suggest you go have lunch/dinner/sleep/go see a movie or whatever, let the viewer do the job and come back later to see if all your items were correctly fetched. :smileyhappy:

My own inventory has about 36,000 items and it takes about half an hour to load sometimes! 

• Like 2

There are several things you can try at first:

Try to login to a silent location, such as Pooley. And wait for your inventory to fetch "fully". With 144 K items that can take quite a while.

If this did not help at all, you can try one of these procedures: 

Do a cache -cleaning for your viewer/s:

Use the file manager (Windows Explorer) to locate the settings folder. In its default location, the folder is hidden on most OSs.
To find it, you will need to show hidden folders. Now you need to locate the settings folder:
  • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[uSERNAME]\Application Data\Firestorm (or Secondlife Folder/ Other Viewers)
  • Windows Vista, 7, or 8: C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm (Or Secondlife Folder / Other Viewers)

Or in addition you can also try a full Clean Install -  instructions here:
http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_clean_reinstall

With your amount of Inventory, you also might want to change the Disk Cache size to Maximum in your preferences.
Otherwise it can of course run into trouble when  running out of space to write all the info into.
(but be aware the bigger the cache the more data the viewer has to read through, so things can slow down a tick,
depending on the read/write speed of your disks)

After you hopefully fixed your issue you might want to consider doing:

- a spring cleanup of your inventory 
  http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks/GUIDE-Spring-Clean-Your-Inventory-for-a-Happier-Second-Life/ba-p/784123
 144 K items is not just a lot items it also leads to lag for you and draining your all over SL experience. Because it continously has
  to refresh parts of this database or fetch items. you don't need to delete them all, stuffing them into prims can also help to greatly
  minimize your inventory count.
- Stick to one or two viewers only. (it has been noticed that a lot viewer jumping can lead to cachee and inventory troubles)

If none of the regular procedures to solve the problem has helped, you can at any time submit a support ticket to LindenLab here: https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

• Like 3

Val and Codewarrior have gievn you the best advice about how to get your inventory to load, but somebody has to say it ..... Your inventory is waaaaaaaayyy too large.  That's the big reason it's taking such a long time and getting hung up, and it's why sooner or later you are going to run a chance of losing a huge chunk of it. That's a lot of data for the asset servers to haul around and make sense of.  It would be a very good idea to start a program of inventory management soon.

1. Box up items that you rarely use.  Copy them into a prim with a helpful label and then save the prim.  That makes ONE inventory item take the place of many.

2. Offload transferable items to an alt (or several alts).  You can swap full-perm items easily between alts without worrying about whther you will still be able to use them properly.

3. Donate items that you no longer use to a charitable group or, if you have the right perms, put them up for sale and recover some of your cash.

4. Be ruthless.  There are loads of things in your inventory that you don't even recognize any more and certainly do not need.  (OK ..... I have 6 year old notecards in mine too.)  Set yourself a goal of 20 minutes a day to spend just tossing stuff.  Start with the easy folders but don't avoid your collection of old underwear and juvenile gestures.

5. Don't forget to empty the trash and your Lost & Found.  Things that you delete are still in your inventory until you empty the trash.  And if things have been in Lost & Found for very long, they might as well stay lost.

Like Val, I have an inventory that's much larger than it should be.  Hers is slightly larger than mine (I'm at 29,000 -- I WIN! ) , but we';ve each been in SL for a long time and could easily have much larger inventories if we hadn't kept an eye on things.  You can too.

• Like 2

A big agreement with Rolig here.

I am over five years old, full time blogger with lots of review copies, store owner and curator at LEA7. My inventory is around 30,000 and could use some cleaning. YOU DON'T NEED ALL THAT STUFF. Really, how much can you wear at one time? And it is pretty much a guarantee that unless you bought all that in the last year (I so hope not) that much of it is really old and outdated.

Inventory management is a big part of a good SL experience. Go try on clothes in front of your favorite lucky chair or something (assuming you know how to do that without getting naked :D).   It might take several months but you will find some goodies that you forgot you had. That's pretty much a guarantee.

Things DO go missing from the database. With an inventory that large you are really tempting fate. Just saying.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.