Had a Quick Question On Land Upgrading

Sieben Ochs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4023 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello like the title says. Anyways I want to upgrade from 1024 ($5/mo) to 1536 ($8/mo). Thing is would I be charged a higher tier fee for momentarily owning both lands? As I will have to buy the new land. Place everything there. Then place the old land for sale. And wait most likely a few days for that to sell. Just wanted to know through these few days would LL charge me a higher tier?

Yes, you get charged for the maximum amount of land you own during the month.

There is a workaround, however, if you can live with a bit of risk. You make a group (make sure you have at least two members), deed your existing land to that group, then withdraw all your tier contribution from the group. That makes it eligible for being reclaimed by the Lab at any time, so that's where the risk comes in. Then you have that tier free to use for buying other land.

Personally, I'd never do this with land I was going to put up for sale. Anybody (well, anybody who knows how) can tell if you're "gaming the system" this way, and land that's for sale is especially subject to such scrutiny. In fact, I've never intentionally done this for more than a few minutes while transfering very large parcels between groups. Others may have a less strict idea of what constitutes fair play.

Well I got I would be charge if owning it through a charge month. Was just curious if it was higher for just a few days. Then lowered back to the standard tier. If it would be charged. One thing that made me ask this was the way they worded land tiers. And the wording of "tier fees are only charged for the total amount of land actually held within your billing cycle". If the land is only held for 2 days. Then sold would that be considered still within a tier or a increase in ones tier. If it went over? Since its held then released well before the billing cycle ends.

An option can be to ask trusted friends. Maybe one of them has some free tier on his account and is willing to hold on to your parcel temporarilly.

E.g. someone may be paying the 16k bracket but only owns 12k at the moment, he could buy your 1k parcel without costing him a dime, and sell it back to you when you're ready for it.

• 2 weeks later...

LepreKhaun wrote:

Your option does not work for any No Transfer items on the land which, most likely, are the majority of what is set out.

true. was assuming she wanted to hold on to that land for some other purpose, hence parking it with a friend.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4023 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.