Suddenly locked out of SL, what's happening???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I cannot log in, I get a message, "Login failed, could not connect to a simulator." No matter how many times i try I cannot get back in to SL, and I'm freaking out here.

When I tried with Firestorm it failed three times, and then when I tried again it said in the viewer that Phoenixviewer.com not found. How can that be? What could possibly have happened? Could I have been given some kind of malware somehow?

There were some region restarts going on, saw the notices for that, but i got out of the region I was in and went to my house, but then I was logged off, and just could not get back in again. I can't imagine that I've been locked out of SL for some reason, I don't grief anyone. Has anyone else had this happen before? What might be the reason for it?

It's rolling restarts day, expect that things may not go according to plan. Some people never have issues on these days. Some people have a crapload.

Have you tried logging into a different sim? You may be trying to log back into a sim that's currently down. On your login screen, where it asks you the location, type in Pooley, or really you could try any number of sims, I just know Pooley is a relatively safe place.

If you're able to log in without major issue(you may still experience issues here and there too), you'll have solved your problem.

If you're not able, try restarting your pc and router/modem. Might just be a poor connection.

Otherwise, just sit tight until the restarts are done, or at least have passed your sim.

There is not any known malware with Second Life or Firestorm, or whatever approved viewer you are using. The restarts are, by definition, "rolling" and restarting every sim for a period of time. You may have very well been able to log to your home and got ejected when your sim got "hit" by the restart of the region. Either be patient until the restarts show as completed on the grid status, or if you absolutely have to login, try to do it from a quiet and empty place such as Smith, Pooley or Furball. :smileyhappy:

That isn't the message that you get when you are banned.  So it isn't that.  Rolling restarts have started so I suspect that you are just trying to log into sims that are all coincidently off line for that.  If it were anything else such as your internet connection you probably wouldn't have been able to post here either. 

Just try logging in to various sims until you get one on line, or go have a cup of coffee while you wait for your sim to come back on line.

That error message is what I get when my crappy internet connection is being particularly crappy.  It would also explain your error message about the viewer not being able to find phoenixviewer.com.  Rebooting the router sometimes helps, particularly if you're on a dynamic IP; the reset will (usually) give you a new IP address which sometimes helps to resolve DNS mapping failures. 

If that doesn't help and the problem persists, maybe a call to your ISP support to find out if they are having issues?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.