I have to deal with a webfilter that disallow sl which proxy should I use

Rantahte

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

I have to agree with Lindal on this one. Not only do those webfilters keep you away from SL but they also generate internet usage reports as in the number of packets sent and received by PC. In addition they also document what class of data is being sent. Using a VPN will also be detected and at many corporations the use of unauthorized VPN software to bypass the Internet Access policy is terms for dismissal with no further possibility of review. Hint - VPN software is often used to commit Corporate Espionage and for passing your employers data to others. This is why you get no 2nd chance when caught.

Not something you ever want to explain on your next job interview.

@ Lindal & KarenMichelle --   I suspect that's why LL includes the following advisory note in the instructions that I gave the OP a link to above >>> "Many schools and companies maintain proxy servers specifically for this purpose. If you need to connect to Second Life through a proxy server, contact your network administrator for the addresses, port numbers, and necessary credentials to complete the instructions below."  The OP cannot connect to a closed network without first asking the system administrator of the campus or corporation for access credentials.  It's up to that administrator to make the call about what's allowed on their system.   Second Life is allowed on many university systems, for example, where it is used as an educational tool.  The IT department may restrict bandwidth at certain times of day to manage Internet resources but, again, that is their call.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.